Island in Chaos

Dikiyoba

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click to reveal.. (Ak-Deevt Level 3)

Adding: 1 to Intelligence, 1 to Enchantment (4), 1 to Transmutation (1), 1 to Artifice (2), 1 to First Aid (3), 1 to Nature (3)

Name: Ak-Deevt
Alignment: Naive
Race: Lacewing

Level: 3
Skill Points: 0

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 4
HP: 21/25
Stamina: 7/10

Magic (Conjuration): 4
Magic (Enchantment): 4
Magic (Transmutation): 1

Martial (Knives): 1
First Aid: 3
Nature: 3
Stealth: 2
Artifice: 2
Composure: 1
Perception: 1
Thievery: 1 (RB)
History: 1 (RB)

I'll be adding at least one new spell when I have the time to come up with something, but that won't be until Sunday evening at the soonest.

Click to reveal..
Samos
Elf
Alignment: Pragmatic

2 Str/5 Dex/5 Int
12/16 HP, 10/10 stamina

Magic (Divination): 5
Stealth: 4

Martial (Blowdarts): 3
Streetwise: 2+1
Thievery: 2
Nature: 2
Artifice: 1
Composure: 0+1

Spells:
Location: Gives information on the location of an object or person. The more familiar the caster is with the target, the more accurate the intel..
Vision: Gives a vision of a location, allowing the caster to see and hear things as if they were present. The closer the area is and the more familiar to the caster, the longer and clearer the vision will be.
Portent: Offer advice regarding a person's immediate future. Stamina is recommended for accuracy.
Enhance Senses: Temporarily improves the caster's sensory acuity, giving a bonus to Perception rolls and the ability to sense things even in very suboptimal conditions.
Lehun's Messenger: Allows the caster to send a brief verbal message to someone they are personally acquainted with, even across great distances. The recipient may make a brief reply. Costs 1 stamina.

Thanks Nioca for subbing for me.

Click to reveal..
Name: Gunnar Fachtna Sigurd Leolin

Level 3

Hit Points: 10/16

Stamina: 10/10

Str: 2

Dex: 8

Int: 2

History: 2 (Racial)

Martial (Knife): 3

Perception: 3 (+1)

Stealth: 4(+2)

Streetwise: 3

Thievery: 5 (Racial) (+1)

Stored Points: 3

So, I hate do to this to you, but it'll be awhile before I can finish the log and schedule the next session. I'm too busy with classwork, trying not to get sick, and so on. In the meantime, here's a page-long interlude of things from between session 3 and 4.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Princess Issus
For the last time, Captain Ralahur, we are not attacking Fort Ohlik with undead pigeon bombs.

Finally came up with a spell, pending approval:

Tame (ench), Calms the targeted creature’s mind, making them more amenable and less prone to violence. The spell’s effectiveness is increased when used against non-sentient creatures, but is weaker against people of strong will.

I'd also like to take Vitze's Shrewd Disappearance (ench), (description from the Compendium:) "Turns the caster invisible and dampens all sound they make."

Sorry about the delay; I've been sick off and on for the past week and a half. Here is the log, and here are the quotes:

Quote:
Grastakoss: "You waitin' for another crop of mushrooms to grow in that pile of animal crap or somethin'?"

Nikita: "I... am tired. And itchy."

Samos: "I'm sorry for burdening you with knowledge, Grastakoss. Does it hurt?"

Ak-Deevt: "When you threaten death to armed adventurers, you can't blame them for reacting violently."

Gunnar: “Hey, anyone want some leaves?"

Glume: "...idiot."

Dikiyoba hopes to get the schedule up later tonight.

I didn't do my skill upgrades yet, going to edit that in in a bit - how many points do we get? I looked at other's sheets, but one was 13 and the other 14, and the others weren't labeled, so. . .

Click to reveal.. (Character Sheet)
Name: Nikita Otto

Race: Dwarf

Deity: Tempecomt

Alignment: “Something odd, that’s for sure.”

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 8 (+1)

HP: 16 (+2)

Artifice: 1 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Composure: 3 (+2)

Magic(Abjuration): 2

Magic(Evocation): 3

Magic(Enchantment): 2

Magic(Vitaemancy): 4 (+2)

Streetwise: 2

Religion: 5 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Click to reveal.. (Spellbook)
Capacitance(Abjuration): Numerinus felt a tingling all over his skin, and he felt hot and itchy. But when the enemy's blade pierced his shoulder, he could see that the minor discomfort was worth it.

Nikita touches the target, and it becomes electrically charged. Any enemy - or any thing, really - that the target touches receives an electrical shock.

Like Charge(Abjuration): Allen charged the dwarf, but the closer he got, the harder he had to fight. It seemed like his own body was fighting against him. By the time he got there, he had to take a breather.

Nikita clasps both hands around her holy symbol, and an invisible repulsive field comes into being around the target. An enemy cannot move adjacent to the target and attack on the same turn.

Electromagnet(Evocation): Anthony felt a tugging at his weapon and armor - he tried to hold on, but he was pulled from his feet and the hammer flew from his grasp in a matter of seconds.

Nikita holds one hand to her holy symbol and stretches the other towards her target. Any magnetic materials will be pulled and pushed however she commands.

Arc(Evocation): Allen shut his eyes tight against the flash of light, but he still felt the sparks from his brother next to him. When he opened his eyes, nothing but a scorch remained.

Nikita stretches out a hand, and a burst of light illuminates the area. One random foe is stuck by a small lightning bolt.

Full Spectrum(Evocation): The brief flash of light seemed harmless, but Dyen felt sick to his stomach immediately afterwards. As he stepped forward to strike, his vision swam and he missed completely.

A bright flash of light shines from Nikita's eyes for a fraction of a second. The target receives penalties to attack and defense.

Spasm(Enchantment): Allen roared at the little mage, about to break her scrawny little arm. If only he could move.

Nikita makes a grasping motion at the target, and it is paralyzed for a turn.

Discharge(Vitaemancy): Numerinus chased the dwarf as she ran, but as time went on, his body felt heavy and numb, until he could barely feel his limbs. He watched as his life slipped away.

Nikita throws a burning white spark at the target, and it takes moderate damage over time for several turns.

Recharge(Vitaemancy): Nikita collapsed against the wall, coughing blood. As her wounds slowly closed, she mused over how much worse off she would be without this spell.

Nikita touches the target with two fingers, and they begin to regenerate a small amount of health every turn for a short duration. More effective when the target is at rest.

You get 12 skill points this level plus any you saved up from the last level.

The next session will be Thursday, April 14th at 5PM CST. Dikiyoba will do a more official, bolded reminder in a few days and finally double-check the new levels as soon as Dikiyoba isn't drowning in an ocean of schoolwork. Who knew Tempecomt was an academic?

Reminder: Session 5 is Thursday, April 14th at 5PM CST in room SWRPchaos.

Everyone's level up checks out. Recharge costs 1 stamina to balance it with Ak-Deevt's Heal and won't differ whether it's cast while in combat or in rest, otherwise it'll be too complicated on my end. All other spells are accepted. Ak-Deevt can prepare one of the new spells he gained.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Hamish, dragonborn farmer
When the miniature Laessos spiders first appeared in our village, I thought we were doomed. They started eating all the chickens and cats. But we've figured out how to make spider-proof henhouses and it turns out that the spiders are even better than cats at keeping the rat population down.

• 2 weeks later...

This time I have no excuse for the delay, but I hope you enjoy the log anyway.

Quote:
Samos: "Big deal, Gunnar exploded. He died so that we can loot the tent."

Gunnar: "Darn, he had a nice little cloak too if you discount the pigeon on it."

Ak-Deevt: "I'm tempted to hunt that guy down and stuff his bed with poison oak. People like that just annoy me."

Nikita: "I've never met a demon. The gods are demon enough."

Grastakoss: "Aw, a potential fight walked right underneath us and you let it pass by?"

One-Wing: "My ears have overestimated your intelligence, I see."

Dikiyoba.

And calender. Be sure to watch your PMs, too.

With any luck, there will be a workable time for Session 6 before Dikiyoba moves back home for the summer.

Originally Posted By: Captain Ralahur, elf
Alas, poor Yazar. You would have made a good zombie, if only I knew where the rest of you was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First, here is the interlude between sessions 5 and 6 as well as the log of session 6. And also quotes!

Click to reveal..
Samos: "So, what's our story?"

Grastakoss: "We could claim to be travelling performers if anyone asks."

Gunnar: "You mean we aren't?"

Samos: "What do we perform? I guess Gunnar's an acrobat, and you're some kind of circus strongman, and I could be a fortune teller."

Ak-Deevt: "I can do...er, healing tricks?"

Ak-Deevt: "Or a vanishing act, I suppose."

Samos: "And Nikita can sing! Perfect."

Dikiyoba.

Second, I'd like to apologize for taking my frustrations out on everyone after the end of the previous session. I should not have done that and I am sorry.

Third, here is the calender.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Bania, elf wizard
Oh. You mean the annoying adventurer wasn't summoned to be a test? Whoops.

Session 7 is scheduled for Monday, May 30 at the usual time (5PM CDT) and place.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Tazwak, dwarf transmutationist
Can't you tell I'm a busy wizard? I don't have the time to take an interest in the unimportant troubles of a nobody like you.

Click to reveal.. (Ak-Deevt Level 4)

Adding: 1 to Intelligence, 1 to Enchantment (5), 2 to Transmutation (2+3), 1 to Composure (2), 1 to Perception (2)

Name: Ak-Deevt
Alignment: Naïve/Inquisitive

Level: 4
Skill Points: 0

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 5
Max Health: 30

Magic (Enchantment): 5
Magic (Conjuration): 4
Magic (Transmutation): 3
Martial (Knives): 1
First Aid: 3
Nature: 3
Stealth: 2
Artifice: 2
Composure: 2
Perception: 2
Thievery: 1 (RB)
History: 1 (RB)

Click to reveal.. ( Spells/special moves)

Heal (conj), Heals damage

Elemental Orb (conj), Conjures an orb of the specified element, which can be used in combat or for various other tasks.

Sleight (ench), “Make a small object vanish from sight.”

Righteous Bulwark (conj), "Creates a suit of divine armor over the target, temporarily boosting their armor score."

Shrewd Disappearance (ench), “Turns the caster invisible and dampens all sound they make.”

Tame (ench), Calms the targeted creature’s mind, making them more amenable and less prone to violence. The spell’s effectiveness is increased when used against non-sentient creatures, but is weaker against people of strong will.

Projection (ench), (pending approval), Creates an illusion of a person, creature, or object, which can be manipulated by the castor’s mental command.
Ventrilio (ench), (pending approval) Projects illusionary sounds or voices to a designated location. This spell weakens in effectiveness the farther the target area is from the castor.

Very great session tonight. The Griffon Whisperer made an appearance.

Click to reveal..
Name: Gunnar Fachtna Sigurd Leolin

Level 4

Hit Points: 15/18

Stamina: 10/10

Str: 2

Dex: 8

Int: 3 (+1)

History: 2 (Racial)

Martial (Knife): 3

Nature: 5 (+5)

Perception: 3

Streetwise: 3

Thievery: 5 (Racial)

Stored Points: 2

I had 3 stored points from last level up, giving a total of 17 to use in this time. Only used 15 leaving 2 stored up.

Name: Grastakoss

Race: Dragonborn

Alignment: Bellicose

Stats:

Click to reveal..
Lvl: 4

Str: 7

Dex: 2

Int: 4

HP: 23/35

Stm: 2/10

Martial (Flails): 6

Magic (Evocation): 5

First Aid: 5 (RB)

Perception: 3

Composure: 3 (RB)

Nature: 1

Inventory:

Click to reveal..
Spiked Ball-and-Chain, Open-Faced Helmet, Black Iron Breastplate, Metal Shield, Fur Parka, First Aid Kit, 1x Stamina Potion, tin of chocolate, 22.5 gold coins

Spells:

Click to reveal..
Unconquered Sun: Caster is surrounded by a sphere of raging flames. The caster's resistance to cold-based attacks is increased, and enemies who attack the caster in melee may receive fire damage. Can be used as a move-equivalent action for 1 stamina.

Thunderous Aura: Caster's melee weapon is charged with electricity, causing it to glow brightly. The next few enemies struck by the weapon may receive additional electrical damage or be stunned. Can be used as a move-equivalent action for 1 stamina.

Gravity Well: Manipulates gravitational force to pull objects and enemies toward the caster for a short period of time. Nearby creatures who attempt to move in any direction other than straight toward the caster must make a saving throw before their move or be knocked prone.

Techniques: (subject to approval)

Click to reveal..
Big Crunch (2 Stamina): Grastakoss swings his flail wildly in a circle around him while using his gravity magic to pull enemies in and keep them from dodging. All creatures adjacent to Grastakoss are subject to a melee attack. The effects of Unconquered Sun and Thunderous Aura, if active, expire immediately as their remaining power is released in a single burst of energy, inflicting additional elemental damage to all targets. This technique is a full-round action and Grastakoss may not move or use items in the same turn.

Click to reveal..
Samos
Elf
Alignment: Pragmatic

3 Str/5 Dex/5 Int
14/19 HP, 6/10 stamina

Magic (Divination): 7
Martial (Blowdarts): 3
Streetwise: 2+1
Thievery: 2
Nature: 2
Artifice: 1
Martial (Spears): 1
Composure: 0+1

Spells:
Location: Gives information on the location of an object or person. The more familiar the caster is with the target, the more accurate the intel..
Vision: Gives a vision of a location, allowing the caster to see and hear things as if they were present. The closer the area is and the more familiar to the caster, the longer and clearer the vision will be.
Portent: Offer advice regarding a person's immediate future. Stamina is recommended for accuracy.
Lehun's Messenger: Allows the caster to send a brief verbal message to someone they are personally acquainted with, even across great distances. The recipient may make a brief reply. Costs 1 stamina.
Panopticon: For an instant, the caster becomes aware of all people and objects within a given radius of himself. An ordinary success can grant awareness up to fifty feet; it is possible to extend the spell further, but this will cost extra stamina and/or result in less complete information. Costs 1 stamina.

New spell is pending approval.

Click to reveal.. (Character Sheet)
Name: Nikita Otto
Race: Dwarf
Deity: Tempecomt
Alignment: “Something odd, that’s for sure.”

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 9 (+1)
Max HP: 18 (+2)

Artifice: 1 (+1 Racial Bonus included)
Composure: 3
Magic(Abjuration): 2
Magic(Evocation): 5 (+2)
Magic(Enchantment): 3 (+1)
Magic(Vitaemancy): 4
Streetwise: 2
Perception: 2 (+1)
Religion: 5 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Click to reveal.. (Spellbook)
Capacitance(Abjuration): Numerinus felt a tingling all over his skin, and he felt hot and itchy. But when the enemy's blade pierced his shoulder, he could see that the minor discomfort was worth it.

Nikita touches the target, and it becomes electrically charged. Any enemy - or any thing, really - that the target touches receives an electrical shock.

Like Charge(Abjuration): Allen charged the dwarf, but the closer he got, the harder he had to fight. It seemed like his own body was fighting against him. By the time he got there, he had to take a breather.

Nikita clasps both hands around her holy symbol, and an invisible repulsive field comes into being around the target. An enemy cannot move adjacent to the target and attack on the same turn.

Electromagnet(Evocation): Anthony felt a tugging at his weapon and armor - he tried to hold on, but he was pulled from his feet and the hammer flew from his grasp in a matter of seconds.

Nikita holds one hand to her holy symbol and stretches the other towards her target. Any magnetic materials will be pulled and pushed however she commands.

Arc(Evocation): Allen shut his eyes tight against the flash of light, but he still felt the sparks from his brother next to him. When he opened his eyes, nothing but a scorch remained.

Nikita stretches out a hand, and a burst of light illuminates the area. One random foe is stuck by a small lightning bolt.

Full Spectrum(Evocation): The brief flash of light seemed harmless, but Dyen felt sick to his stomach immediately afterwards. As he stepped forward to strike, his vision swam and he missed completely.

A bright flash of light shines from Nikita's eyes for a fraction of a second. The target receives penalties to attack and defense.

Spasm(Enchantment): Allen roared at the little mage, about to break her scrawny little arm. If only he could move.

Nikita makes a grasping motion at the target, and it is paralyzed for a turn.

Discharge(Vitaemancy): Numerinus chased the dwarf as she ran, but as time went on, his body felt heavy and numb, until he could barely feel his limbs. He watched as his life slipped away.

Nikita throws a burning white spark at the target, and it takes moderate damage over time for several turns.

Recharge(Vitaemancy): Nikita collapsed against the wall, coughing blood. As her wounds slowly closed, she mused over how much worse off she would be without this spell.

Nikita touches the target with two fingers, and they begin to regenerate a small amount of health every turn for a short duration. More effective when the target is at rest.

Reanimate(Vitaemancy): The lightning bolt had blinded them for a few seconds, but they could hear the energetic coughing of Numerinus's body all the same. He would hide no secrets now.

Nikita places a hand over the target's heart, and a lightning bolt strikes them. The head of target is temporarily reanimated for several minutes for questioning. Stamina can be used to extend the duration of the spell.

Everyone's level is approved! In addition, Samos gains two perks. Woo!

Originally Posted By: Samos' perks
Second reading: Your time in Gerlig has taught you to recognize when you've cast a spell incorrectly and enables you to make adjustments to it. (Active. Twice per session, you may reroll a divination spell and take the higher result.)

Independent thinking: Traveling with the party has its advantages (mainly that enemies hit them instead of you), but sometimes you can do things more efficiently by yourself. (Passive. Occasionally you will gain a moderate bonus to rolls made while you are away from everyone else, including rolls made while resting.)

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Taphrina, elf lich
Come on, you blasted skeletons! You only live twice!

Session 8 log

Quote:
Samos: "When was the last time one of our interrogations actually did anything? We're always all, 'talk!' and they're all 'no!' and we get bogged down at that."

Nikita: "I'm rather disappointed. I haven't gotten to preach on this whole adventure."

Grastakoss: "Why would anyone pretend to be us? It's hard enough for us, and we are us."

Gunnar: "Well, I might just make the other guards more weary of people trying to get into the manors. Maybe I'll stick with you all."

Ak-Deevt: "I would hope that we're smarter than the average griffon."

Refugee: "Ahhhhhhhhhh! Oh gods, we're all going to die!"

Dikiyoba.

Hmm. Let's set the next session for Monday, June 27 at the usual time and place.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Frolph, goblin druid
I don't care whether hellhounds are natural or constructs. Either way, they're insanely dangerous and I want you to kill that thing tonight.