E3: fighting giants tactics

megamad

Well, basic tactics are to haste and bless your party before every major fight, and use spells like Slow Group to weaken your enemies if necessary. If you bless your party enough times, the giant fighters won't be able to do you much harm, so concentrate on attacking the shamans first. If you can't reach the shamans with your fighters, have your priests cast Wound on them.

what happens to me most of the time is that i use a lot of fireballs and firestorms and my spell points end up pretty fast (every spell cater of mine has 60 spell points).

where can i get curse all, slow group and major haste?

my spell casters have very little dexterity and so the giants hit them alot with boulders even when they are blessed.

I tend to place my priest member at the end of the party so my crew hacks apart the giants and then at the end of my turn my priest casts "Mass Sanctuary" so only spells can hurt 'em. But you need to carry loads of Energy Potions for it to be effective if your playing against a horde of 'em. I tend to use this strategy against the Lorelei guards around the city.

Personally,

I found that simulacrum and summoning were the most effective. I would just simulacrum a few Vahnatai Warriors to hurt the "GINTS", while blasting the Giants with Divine Thud/Firestom.

If there were too many Giants for this I would use summoning spells, and THEN the above.

- Archmagus Micael