Threnody released..... Kind of

Lazarus.

Well it's been about 4 years since I worked on this, so I figured it was about time I admit defeat, cut my losses, and ship out what I have done. So I present you with Threnody: Chapter 1.

What you get is about 25 finished towns, lacking pretty much just filler dialog and some polish. The final scenario would have had about 3 more chapters and probably been 80+ towns, so this is kind of just a teaser. I didn't bother trying to give it an ending, because there was really no way to do so.

I think that the Prologue and Chapter 1 are good enough to stand alone as a scenario, but just keep in mind that even if you like the scenario you're probably just going to wind up pissed off that there's no ending. Sorry.

Also I didn't bother beta testing (*gulp*) so beware of typos and possible errors. If there are any glaring things that prevent you from finishing the game, let me know and I'll fix it if it's not too big of a pain.

Anyways here it is: http://blades.ermarian.net/scenario/blades-of-avernum/threnody-chapter-1

(Note that I don't have a Mac version yet, but the forge requires that you include a mac file. So both downloads are just the windows version. If someone could convert it that'd be awesome.)

I for one am excited. If it has not been done yet, I will make the Mac version for you later today. Do you still have the same email address, Laz?

Edit: I have made the cmg file and sent you a zip of the entire scenario formatted for Mac.

For those interested in playing right away, I have uploaded the Mac version to my admittedly outdated and redundant site. You can download it here.

Oh! I also use stain hacks at one point to mess with lighting. I don't think those port properly, so god knows what this will do when a mac user plays. If anyone knows how to port this let me know, otherwise this might have to be removed if it causes crashes or something for Mac users.

Edit: Oh hey, Niemand posted this at blades forge. I'll have a new version of t25.txt up in a moment, for mac users.

Edit2: Ok I have it ready, but don't have anywhere to upload it. I'd appreciate it if a Mac user would volunteer to repackage it for me. Let me know and I can email it.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, Aran is kind of AWOL so I don't know when the Forge will be up again. Tyran's Mac download still works, but as far as I know the Windows version isn't hosted anywhere else. I don't have any webspace of my own, so if you want the Windows version you can PM/email me your email address and I'll send it to you.