Win 7?

tolka

First, is there any way to retrieve a game I bought on a different computer? My old one's broke, and with it my copy of BOA smirk

Second, BOA isn't running any scripts on my laptop and won't respond to the mouse. It's windows 7 with the Atom N4 processor. No skipping past the tutorial, no going through the runes of no passing (cloak or no cloak) frown

Quote:
First, is there any way to retrieve a game I bought on a different computer? My old one's broke, and with it my copy of BOA

Yes, as long as you can still get files off of the old computer's hard-drive, you can move the file which stores your game's registration information to the new computer. On Windows I think that the relevant file is BladesofAvernumData.dat in the Data folder under the Blades of Avernum folder.

If that isn't possible (due to the old computer being too thoroughly broken) or doesn't work, email Spiderweb: give them the information from when you registered the game the first time (who you are, so they can find you in their records) and registration code for the game on the new computer, and ask them for a new registration code. They are usually happy to provide one in situations like this, as I understand.

Quote:
Second, BOA isn't running any scripts on my laptop and won't respond to the mouse. It's windows 7 with the Atom N4 processor. No skipping past the tutorial, no going through the runes of no passing (cloak or no cloak)

I unfortunately have no particular expertise with Windows machines, so hopefully someone else has an idea for what to do about this.

Originally Posted By: Niemand
On Windows I think that the relevant file is BladesofAvernumData.dat in the Data folder under the Blades of Avernum folder.
It is.

Originally Posted By: tolka
Second, BOA isn't running any scripts on my laptop and won't respond to the mouse. It's windows 7 with the Atom N4 processor. No skipping past the tutorial, no going through the runes of no passing (cloak or no cloak)
One of your files might be corrupted. What error messages are you getting, if any?

In the meantime, I'm running 64-bit Win7 Home Premium, and BoA works just fine for me. If you have Win7 Pro, you might want to try running BoA in Windows XP mode.