Secret forums

jecowa

Originally Posted By: Sylae Corell
I would find it vastly amusing if someone submitted the entire Mod Board to Wikileaks tongue

We use the Mod Board as a dumping ground for spambots. We are trying to see if they will breed in captivity into a more intelligent bot like Arancaytar. smile

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: Sylae Corell
I would find it vastly amusing if someone submitted the entire Mod Board to Wikileaks tongue

We use the Mod Board as a dumping ground for spambots. We are trying to see if they will breed in captivity into a more intelligent bot like Arancaytar. smile
We all know he's just a malfunctioning bot, not a intelligent one. It just seems like intelligence. Either that or its a conspiracy by the bots to fool us into letting them take over the world. How? Im not sure, but the conspiracy is there!

What if the bots escape like in Jurrasic Park? That would be the end of Spiderweb as we know it.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Unless the mod board has gotten considerably more interesting in the past 1.5 years since I resigned, it's really not that exciting. tongue
Originally Posted By: RCCCL
That's just what the people of the secret forums want! All in the effort of distracting us from finding them!
Need I say more? Maybe someone should revive the Conspiracy Theory thread for this. Then we can all have a rational (aka, paranoid) discussion on the Conspiracy of the Mods.

Does UBB.threads allow the same shenanigans for hidden boards that IP.board does? I remember one of Polaris's hidden forums was set up so anyone could access it except the admins and moderators. Of course, that specific forum was visible if you weren't logged in.

I think Logalot et. al. had way too much fun with the concept.

Originally Posted By: FnordCola
I thought your name said "Sylak" for a moment there. I was briefly very excited about acquiring self-reproducing trash and a pair of ironclad pants from you.

What we really need is Sylak's self-reproducing anti-trash. That way we could put it in our landfills and boom, we've solved our garbage problem and our energy crisis in one move.

Dikiyoba can assure you that the Mod Board is not a secret forum. It's merely private. Real secret forums can only be found by those who truly believe.

Before we switched to UBB Threads the Mod Board was visible. Then we could pop in and leave random messages to make the rest of you think that intense discussions about you were going on and make you worry. Now you can't know how absolutely dead the place has become.

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Originally Posted By: Drew
Pan lever

Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?

FYT

FYT, both of you. For shame.

There are several secret forums. The mod boards aren't really secret, just invisible to most members. Richard White Games is around and apparently lives on in a few memories. But the forums for games Jeff started and abandoned? Now those are quality secrets.

—Alorael, who regularly used admin privileges to make himself able to read the no-admins Polaris board. He didn't actually read it on the assumption that it was boring, but he felt that with power came the obligation to abuse it.

Do not let this thread devolve into conspiracy theories! That's just what the people of the secret forums want! All in the effort of distracting us from finding them!
I knew there was a conspiracy! tongue

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Maybe someone should revive the Conspiracy Theory thread for this. Then we can all have a rational (aka, paranoid) discussion on the Conspiracy of the Mods.
Well? tongue

Originally Posted By: Tirien
If I do the reviving, then the mods will get me and replace me with a bot. Maybe thats what happened to Arancaytar...

You're assuming that you aren't already a bot, whether you are programed to not realize this, or you are aware but will deny it, I'm watching you!
That sounds a awful lot like what a bot would say to keep from being found out. I've got my eye on you as well, now.

On the topic of Secret Forums, I recently noticed this when I was checking who's online.

Reading a post
Forum: Richard White Games
Thread: Down with RWG!

And here I thought that forum was gone. Huh.

Originally Posted By: Draloraelich
Originally Posted By: The Ratt
Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Pan lever

Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?

FYT

FYT, both of you. For shame.

At least I got the colour right. I mean, at least I'm going to get the colour right.

Tyran: The Hidden Temple is still there, but it's been dead since that knave Lazarus fouled up and made it visible.