Point of the Demonslayer?

Erika Maroonmark

No, I'm not talking about the tip. I know that's in the Crypt of Drath, which is west of the Horrendous Chasm, so I can't get it. But I do have the other pieces, which Solberg wanted me to find so that I could fight the Haakai in the Tower of the Magi. Which I already did, and I got the Blessed Athame from it. (Edit: Um… yeah. I actually meant the Onyx Sceptre.) Which makes me think, what's the point of the Demonslayer? Does it serve any other purpose, or does it just make a fight that's not that hard easier? (Being unregistered, I've pretty much just wandered the demo levelling up and doing everything I can, so my levels when fighting it might have been a bit inflated compared to what they are when you normally do it.)

The pommel's in the Nepharim fort north(ish) or Cotra, and the blade is in the Slithzerakai shrine north of Almaria (for which you'll need the Onyx key from the Slith island fort between Almaria/Dranlon/Cotra).

Of course, it's all for vain if you can't get to the Crypt of Drath...

The Demonslayer is a fairly diappointing unless you happen to be fighting Haakai. Even in Exile I you can do more damage with an Alien Blade+Magic Broadsword.

The only thing Demonslayer helps with is demons. As a two-handed weapon it isn't helpful otherwise. Two separate weapons or a shield is better for most of the game. It isn't needed for Exile games, it is just one more thing to do in the games. Even in the Avernum versions it isn't that useful.

More it is a way to get acquainted with the best smith in Avernum and surface - Boutell. smile

And in E2 if you dare fighting Garzahd in hand-to-hand, not only with arrows of light and Repel spirit, Demonslayer will come in handy.

And if you write a story of Demonslayer, you can imagine it once belonged to Karzoth, who died in First Expedition, so if you feel like his scion, you have the right to inherit this artefact and be proud of it.

It's a pity I don't have much time right now to think more over a point of a Demonslayer... smile

Quote:
Originally written by Erika Maroonmark:
Quote:
Originally written by Meeshka:
It's a pity I don't have much time right now to think more over a point of a Demonslayer...
Something you don't want sticking into you. *nods wisely*
I think that is more point of someone demon-origin, instead of a Demonslayer.

Quote:
Originally written by lordofdc:
Wheres the giant slayer.A1,A2 and A3
Smite? It's in the Cavern Drake's lair (far bottom left of the map past for remote) in E1, haven't found it in E2, and E3 it's in one of the giants' caves. Should be the same deal in the Avernum games.

Smite was such a disappointing weapon. So were demonslayer and scrioth. Maybe my standards for powerful weapons are too high,