Lecture on armor and common misconceptions

Enraged Slith

I'll just leave this video here for any history buffs or people simply interested in medieval armor. I thought it was really interesting, and I think many would be surprised at how light and flexible the stuff really was.

I was also surprised to learn that metal screws and bolts have been around since the 15th century.

If only my anatomy classes were this interesting. tired

Originally Posted By: Sss-Chah
there definitely was some really, really heavy armor (there was at least one person who drowned because he fell on his back and couldn't get up), but that was the exception to the rule.

If you're talking about Frederick Barabarossa, there is some debate about that. It is thought that he may have had a heart attack whilst in the river, which is what caused him to drown.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus

If you're talking about Frederick Barabarossa, there is some debate about that. It is thought that he may have had a heart attack while in the river, which is what caused him to drown.

probably induced by sacking constantinople and then wading a river with very strong currents in full body armor laugh

• 2 weeks later...