Can someone help me w/ Ave 4 special skills?

I've looked at the walkthroughs and the links to special skills, and so I can't figure out what's going on.

For example, my two fighters have blademaster, even though melee is only at 4 and 5 instead of 6. I thought I got blademaster when str, melee and pole is at 6? How come I already have it?

It's the same with my priest and mage. For example I think they had magery and efficiency before I had the stats up enough.

Can someone please explain how it works? Also, I can train magery up, but I don't have that option with blademaster.

Thanks ahead of time!

Originally Posted By: PastorScott
For example, my two fighters have blademaster, even though melee is only at 4 and 5 instead of 6. I thought I got blademaster when str, melee and pole is at 6? How come I already have it?

It's the same with my priest and mage. For example I think they had magery and efficiency before I had the stats up enough.
What Randomizer said. You probably gave your fighters Elite Warrior and/or Divinely Touched, while your mage and priest probably have Natural Mage.

Quote:
Also, I can train magery up, but I don't have that option with blademaster.
In order to train in a special skill, you need to have trained your character in enough levels of certain regular skills. Your priest/mage can train in Magery because he's been trained enough to unlock the skill; your fighters aren't to that point yet for Blademaster.

Also, just so you know, any level(s) you gain from an item(s) doesn't count towards what you need to unlock the special skills.