Spiderweb, Western RPGs, and you!

Arronax

I've been a fan of Spiderweb since Exile 3. I've bought every single game they've made and beaten all of them at least once, some multiple times, and i know i am not alone in this. I'm hungry for more Spiderwebby action but i'm all Avernum'd out, my question is: what else is there?

In this wide world we live in there must be similar fun to be had. I've played Eschalon one and two on advice received from this forum and i enjoyed them, so keep the advice coming! Any suggestions are welcome, thanks guys.

I've started playing Morrowind and quit midway because a family member tossed my stat lists/notes.

Click to reveal..
(very important, as it has an odd way for leveling and distributing skills. That is, you level up whenever your main secondary skills gain a total of 10 points (a point is gained by repetition or practice of a skill), then you take a nap and when you wake up the level dawns on you and you can choose 3 out of 6 primary skills to improve by a number which is directly connected to which of ALL of your secondary skills improved (and how much) between the pre-nap level and the gained level, giving a different upgrade to each prim. skill. And a lot more)

Originally Posted By: No_More_PLL_Ever
I've started playing Morrowind and quit midway because a family member tossed my stat lists/notes.

Click to reveal..
(very important, as it has an odd way for leveling and distributing skills. That is, you level up whenever your main secondary skills gain a total of 10 points (a point is gained by repetition or practice of a skill), then you take a nap and when you wake up the level dawns on you and you can choose 3 out of 6 primary skills to improve by a number which is directly connected to which of ALL of your secondary skills improved (and how much) between the pre-nap level and the gained level, giving a different upgrade to each prim. skill. And a lot more)

It sounds more complicated than it worked out it in practice, I felt. I rather like MW's stat-raising system, actually.

What I found more frustrating was having my brother delete the entire game off the computer...as I was just about ready to beat the game. cry

Originally Posted By: Tirien, Master of Bacon
I feel your pain. Nothing is more annoying than beating morrowind and nearly finishing its two expansions, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, only to get a virus and lose everything. Including the mod you were making. Also lost all the mods I had downloaded, im still trying to get them all back.

TESnexus has a very comprehensive list and catalog of Oblivion and Morrowind mods, I'd recommend looking there.

But yeah, Oblivion is a great game. It's a horrible timesink, you can easily lose 100+ hours to a single playthrough, but still.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
TESnexus has a very comprehensive list and catalog of Oblivion and Morrowind mods, I'd recommend looking there.
I know, its where I got them. Besides, that virus only hit a week ago, and ive been busy with other things.
Originally Posted By: Dantius
But yeah, Oblivion is a great game. It's a horrible timesink, you can easily lose 100+ hours to a single playthrough, but still.
I wasted around 400+ hours on it... But thats becuase I was so busy finding new and amusing ways to kill the adoring fan.