Nineteen Eighty-Four!

Dantius

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
I wanted to do a 1024 post celebration but that would mean missing the 1000 celebration which is, by some standard, the first "real" milestone.

I posted at 256, and will consider 512. I think an exponential approach is a logical one when dealing with ever escalating post counts.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
I'd never before considered ice cream's role in the vast world-spanning conspiracy...food for thought.

Heh. One of Dikiyoba's favorite dreams involved the revelation that Canada had orchestrated the Cold War in order to keep the United States and Soviet Union from infringing on Canada's strawberry ice cream fishing industry in the Arctic.

Originally Posted By: Flower Child
Obviously an insidious way to distract and placate the masses so that their sinister plans can go on unnoticed.

I'd never before considered ice cream's role in the vast world-spanning conspiracy...food for thought.

"Ice cream, Mandrake! Children's ice cream!"

Did you know you can get Spam at McDonalds in Hawaii? It's true.

Hmm...

Originally Posted By: Tirien
Well yeah, of course ice cream has a role in a world-wide conspiracy. You can get it at McDonalds after all. Thats all the proof I need.

Aha aha! This links ice cream and spam together in the aforementioned conspiracy...at least in Hawaii. The plot thickens. Perhaps the proof is in the pudding.

Of course the conspiracy of salty meat products and fatty dairy products is real. And it is this conspiracy that is really behind the superficially more impressive conspiracy of body art and laptop computers.

But the SMFD conspiracy is secretly just a diversion being orchestrated by the deeper and more subtle conspiracy of nine-volt batteries and power steering. Which in turn is a mere puppet whose strings are pulled by the devious conspiracy of artificial sweeteners and web-safe color palettes. Which is really ...

Well, you get the drift. Let me just cut to the big reveal and declare that the ultimate conspiracy is caffeine. All caffeine molecules in the Local Group of galaxies are quantum mechanically entangled, and constitute a single unimaginably vast intelligence, whose purposes we puny humans can no more conceive, than a paramecium can read Finnegan's Wake.

For some reason it apparently suits this unthinkable being's unthinkable plans, that in this era and on this planet, millions of people engage in production and ingestion of caffeine. To what distant ends are we so manipulated? I dare not guess. But with each double espresso, I feel I am drawing closer to the fantastic truth. Soon it will be mine, and I will be it, and the salty meat products of the world will be nought but so much bacon in my pan.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba

Heh. One of Dikiyoba's favorite dreams involved the revelation that Canada had orchestrated the Cold War in order to keep the United States and Soviet Union from infringing on Canada's strawberry ice cream fishing industry in the Arctic.

Sell the film rights to that. tongue

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
*Paranoid Ravings*

I knew it! I think your going about it the wrong way though. Your ingestion of caffeine will insure you never figuring out the plan. After all, if the plan includes us measly beings ingesting the caffeine, it seems highly unlikely that doing so will reveal said plan.

Originally Posted By: RCCCL
If the plan includes us measly beings ingesting the caffeine, it seems highly unlikely that doing so will reveal said plan.

That's exactly what caffeine would like us to think! But I'm smart enough to see through this deception, because I have partaken of the unthinkably advanced mental network of this cosmic molecular mind, and I share in its own genius!

Either that or I've just had a bit too much coffee, and I'm starting to buzz out.

Sigh. Maybe it's time again to throw a few red decaf pods into the Nespresso capsule drawer. They're so bland.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Originally Posted By: RCCCL
If the plan includes us measly beings ingesting the caffeine, it seems highly unlikely that doing so will reveal said plan.

That's exactly what caffeine would like us to think! But I'm smart enough to see through this deception, because I have partaken of the unthinkably advanced mental network of this cosmic molecular mind, and I share in its own genius!

Either that or I've just had a bit too much coffee, and I'm starting to buzz out.

Sigh. Maybe it's time again to throw a few red decaf pods into the Nespresso capsule drawer. They're so bland.

Come now, do you truly believe your the first one to binge caffeine? People have had this theory before, but it never pans out, only leads to crash and burn, both literally and figuratively. This is just part of the 17 step plan of the Caffeine conspiracy.