A6 - the castle-bug?

Elrik

I just started this game and already am having a problem!

Can someone tell me where the barracks and/or Merryhew is?

I've been all over the castle, up and down, and can only find locked doors I can't open, or dark areas I can't enter. Some people to talk to and learn from, but that's it. Perhaps a defective copy? Won't know until someone can tell me this location. Help please!

When you enter the Castle, the large hall in the northeast area before the courtyard is where Merryhew is wandering around the barracks. He doesn't stay still.

When you talk to him, ask for supplies and he will open those locked doors.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

Originally Posted By: Elrik
Thanks, finally found him walking around the near-east side of dungeon. Asked for supplies, doors opened, but there was a guard standing in front of the locker blocking my access. He won't move. Oh well. I'm still enjoying this!
Try standing a few steps away from him and hitting space a few times to wait a turn. He should eventually move away.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
In the Castle!!!!

That place has autokill nodes for doing things like that. Although it is an interesting ending.

Hmm. Now that's just being mean on Jeff's part. Enticing us with treasures that we can't get? Or kill people to get? Although in all honesty it's probably just a Healing potion and five coins...

You could always use the walk through walls cheat, though.

Originally Posted By: Elrik
Thanks, finally found him walking around the near-east side of dungeon. Asked for supplies, doors opened, but there was a guard standing in front of the locker blocking my access. He won't move. Oh well. I'm still enjoying this!

I checked. The locker contains:

An Iron Shortsword
Pants
Cloak
6 Javelins
Dried Meat

, all marked Not Yours. Nothing worth worrying about.