Blades Forge scripts missing!

Celtic Minstrel

All the scripts on the Blades Forge seem to have disappeared. The entries are still listed, but the code is gone. I tried editing one to restore the code, but it didn't get stored.

There are other troubles too (such as the fact that the page that's supposed to list scenarios claims there are none), but this is probably the most serious.

Yeah, I had some trouble last week that resulted in my losing many of the customizations I had made to the Drupal modules used on the site. Some parts of the site don't work right now, though the data was not affected.

Edit: Ah, the scenarios thing was easier than it looked like. Turns out I was missing the module that automatically determined whether a scenario had been released ("computed_field"). Now that works.

The scripts part may be less easy.

Okay, the script data does indeed appear to be still there, though it doesn't appear to be loaded properly. Until this is fixed, it is vital that the node is not saved.

Edit: Ack, never mind. I was looking at the wrong node - the conveyor belt script. That one's script actually was gone, because it was saved just now. Fortunately, all changes are revisioned, so that was fairly easy to undo.

The actual bug was a missing custom patch, which I just had to reapply. All other scripts now show up fine. smile

I rolled back the conveyor belt node to the last version, but repeated the changes to the description and memory cell fields. If you changed the script as well, you will have to do that again since that field didn't get saved.

While we're here: Is there a reason the display does such terrible things to the indentation? It seems to use a very narrow tab width, which I don't care for but can deal with, however all lines indented by more than one level end up being displayed as though indented by only one level. Glancing at the source, it looks like if a line is indented at all a single non-breaking space is inserted, which ends up being visible, and then the raw whitespace is included, but from what I recall of HTML rules this is being correctly collapsed down/ignored when displayed. Would this be overly hard to do something about?

The indentation definitely isn't supposed to be screwed up like that. I'm not sure if that happened this week, or earlier.

There's more to this problem; it appears that the syntax highlighter (which also takes care of rendering indentation) is broken. It doesn't color any calls, either - just identifiers and flow-control keywords (if-then-else etc). I'll have to check out what happens there.

Dreamhost had to migrate my site to a new server today, which unfortunately means I have to rebuild the PHP engine as the new system is slightly different from the old.

All sites in the Ermarian network are going to be down for a while, hopefully not more than a day.

Edit: Everything is up again, though the upgrade to PHP 5.3 may have resulted in a few idiosyncratic changes.

Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus
Edit: Everything is up again, though the upgrade to PHP 5.3 may have resulted in a few idiosyncratic changes.
Great! Only... the original topic of this thread is once more a problem.

That is, the scripts don't appear.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh.

Okay, after two hours of detective work I've tracked it down to the theme layer. For some reason, theme_field($field) works, while theme('field', $field) does not.

Update: The problem is of course related to the new PHP version. Drupal assumes that a certain function works with call-by-reference, but PHP 5.3 only allows call-by-value there.

Update 2: The site is back on and the problem appears to be gone. You're probably better off not knowing how I worked around the bug; "eval()" says it all.