A3 Pacing the game.

I'm sure somebody has mentioned this before, but the only previous thread I found was pretty vague about this... I wonder if somebody could tell me how long roughly the golems, alien beasts and endgame takes? So I can better pace my game.

I enjoy exploring as much as possible (grey space just looks messy on automap, lol), but even so I think I am making progress too fast. I dealt with the slimes around day 10, the roaches around day 20 and the troglos and giants by day 50. No city or town in those affected provinces suffered noticeable damage (aside from those already ruined).

After the giants I've spent around 20 days (day 69 now) riding around Western and NW Valorium, dealing with minor quests and completing 3 of the 5 artifact quests.

I wonder if somebody could tell me how long the last two plagues take, cos at this rate, I worried I'll complete the game around day 110, and miss the Tower of Magi disaster.

Does anyone agree that A3 would be a bit better if time was genuinely tight, and the Tower of Magi incident takes place on day 100?

It would be a bit better if it was earlier on an greater difficulty. If you put in on torment, you could have the TotM start at day 100, but on normal have it at 160. I don't know if you can change difficulties in-game, but that would have to be changed for my suggestion to work.

Either way, Jeff is done with this game. I heard a rumor he might be doing it again with better graphics; maybe he'll take hold of this then.

Originally Posted By: Heindrich1988
I worried I'll complete the game around day 110, and miss the Tower of Magi disaster.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. And since the event is canon anyway, and it'll have happened for A4 even if you don't do it in A3.

Other than completeness, is there any reason you don't want to miss it?

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Other than completeness, is there any reason you don't want to miss it?

You get decent loot and there are some spell teaching opportunities [A shade teaches you Divine Restoration Level 2 IIRC), so if you're way behind it does help.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
[This isn't necessarily a bad thing. And since the event is canon anyway, and it'll have happened for A4 even if you don't do it in A3.

Another way to handle this would he having this happen at a specific point- say, after delivering Prazac the message and returning to Anaximander.