Geneforge 1 - Leader Khobar tells about boat early?

So I just installed the Geneforge 1 demo since I haven't played it in years. I'm running OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard).

When I was talking to Leader Khobar in the first servile village, I asked him if he knew about a way off the island. He replied that since I had helped them, he would tell me about a boat, and proceeded to inform me that the serviles in one of the other villages (can't remember names right now, tired :p) had been talking about building a seacraft.

Now, is this supposed to happen? I don't recall him saying that on my previous playthroughs, and it seems to be something he would say if I had completed a major quest (which I haven't).

I'm not terribly concerned about it, just wondering if it's a bug.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
It's been a very long time since I've played G1, but yes, Leader Khobar will tell you what little he knows after you complete either one or two minor quests for him.

Dikiyoba remembers being able to convince him to tell you sooner if you have high leadership.

Yeah, but that's just it, I haven't completed any quests yet. His response seems to indicate that he's supposed to say that after I do complete a quest, but I've only accepted them.

Originally Posted By: Vertimyst
Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
It's been a very long time since I've played G1, but yes, Leader Khobar will tell you what little he knows after you complete either one or two minor quests for him.

Dikiyoba remembers being able to convince him to tell you sooner if you have high leadership.

Yeah, but that's just it, I haven't completed any quests yet. His response seems to indicate that he's supposed to say that after I do complete a quest, but I've only accepted them.

What's your Leadership score? It is above 5? I recall he tells you if your score is over five, but that might be the servile for Pentil (bad memory)