What would your friends say . . .

VCH

I have two questions for you. But you must answer honestly.

1. What would your friends say are your best qualities?

2. What would your friends say are your worst qualities?

I'll go first.

(Optimistic, Decisive, Leader, Zany) In my circle of friends I'm the leader. I'm the guy that decides what happens, and when it happens. I make these decisons rapidly because if I don't nothing will get done. Everybody needs a leader. I'm also an eternal optimist, regardless of situation. If you're my friend then I'll infect you with at least a little optimism no matter how depressed you are. Finally, I enjoy entertaining and making my friends laugh by acting like a fool, or clown.

(Obsessive, Selfish, Devious) Once I start thinking about something I desire I can't stop until I get it or fail completely. That's one of the reasons I like being a decisive leader, I can get my own way in a lot of situations. Life is a big game and I do whatever it takes to win. I don't live by any ethical code so I'm free to achieve my goals in any way possible. I'm a self-centred person.

Positive: Ambition, intellect, education, skill, and drive. I'm a very good speaker and competent (if not exactly loved) leader, if you want to count those, too.

Negative: Hm, this remids me of a topic at another board where we had to order the Seven Deadly SIns in the preference of "most applicable to me" to "least applicableto me".

Pride (much moreso than the others)

Envy

Greed

Wrath

Sloth

Gluttony

Lust

This makes me think of the Johari and Nohari windows. In fact, let's just take a crack at that. This ought to be interesting, in this online-acquaintance-only setting. Follow the links here if you want to pick positive adjectives, and negative adjectives, respectively, to attach to me (you can view the whole window after you do so):

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Slarty

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Slarty

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
This makes me think of the Johari and Nohari windows. In fact, let's just take a crack at that. This ought to be interesting, in this online-acquaintance-only setting. Follow the links here if you want to pick positive adjectives, and negative adjectives, respectively, to attach to me (you can view the whole window after you do so):

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Slarty

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Slarty

It won't let me pick more than six negative traits. That's stupid, most (if not all) people, myself included, have WAY more than six negative traits.

I guess I shouldn't complain about people saying nice things, but the idea is that it it's useful to look at both how you come off well, and how you come off poorly. Five Johari responses and one Nohari response makes that difficult. Please, dump on me! Now's your chance to anonymously tell it like it is without feeling even slightly jerkish. ^_^

I guess I shouldn't complain about people saying nice things, but the idea is that it it's useful to look at both how you come off well, and how you come off poorly. Five Johari responses and one Nohari response makes that difficult. Please, dump on me! Now's your chance to anonymously tell it like it is without feeling even slightly jerkish. ^_^

Wait, don't we already do that already?

Thanks for the reminderie -- I need to hop to on that slop.

Hm, according to my calculations, you should have posted approximately 6E6 Project Slartificus posts by now, given constant exponential growth after your three posts in the thread.

I suppose it's a good thing you lose interest so fast...

It would be more interesting to compare what responses real-world acquaintances give and what our online acquaintances have to say. My positive and negative traits are significantly different in person.

—Alorael, whose most salient traits are his orange bottle and rifle. He'll leave it to the reader to decide whether they're positive or negative.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Dikiyoba did both forms for everyone else, but Dikiyoba didn't know what to say for your negatives, Triumph. Dikiyoba supposes you must just be that awesome.

Why, thank you, Diki! :-)

The results thus far are rather amusing to me...not what people who know me in person would say, I don't believe. Not entirely inaccurate, necessarily, but not really things that I suspect people most notice if they really get to know me. Whoever put Chaotic in the Nohari window really gave me a laugh. grin Of course, that's what comes of one's acquaintance with someone being entirely by some message board posts and/or some AIMHack games.

Anyone else startled by the brilliant insight or amused by the absurd inaccuracy of their results thus far?

Quote:
75% of people think that Nioca is organised
Wait, let me fix that real quick...
Quote:
75% of people wish to cause Nioca's demise via uncontrollable laughter.
grin

Though it's rather funny that my personally selected weak points and the opinion of the crowd miss each other entirely. Then again, there's only two negative votes, so there's not much to go on.

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Quote:
75% of people think that Nioca is organised
Wait, let me fix that real quick...
Quote:
75% of people wish to cause Nioca's demise via uncontrollable laughter.
grin

Though it's rather funny that my personally selected weak points and the opinion of the crowd miss each other entirely. Then again, there's only two negative votes, so there's not much to go on.

Yeah, most of my positives are consistent, but my negatives are all over the place, and they don't even agree with my assessment. I knew we should be able to pick more than 6 option!