I have reached a new internet low

Enraged Slith

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith

There was a great comment in that article (The "Facebook wants to be your one true login" one)
Originally Posted By: Internet President. No, really.
Hello friends, This is the President of the Internet. On behalf of the internet, we are all deeply sorry for the pain we have caused so many. We understand how important Facebook is to so many Americans around the world, and we are working tirelessly, at the internet factory, to rectify the issue. Our top rocket scientists have narrowed things down to two possible solutions: 1. Several supercomputers will upload data to a giant satellite that will then communicate with a second satellite currently in orbit. Together, these two satellites will form a giant laser beam that will then communicate with the internet. We're confident about this one. 2. A second solution would be to GO TO FACEBOOK.COM! Sincerely, Internet

You could always use a spawn of google such as Ninja.com, or Blackle.com, or one of their other custom searches that are really google in disguise.

Rather unrelated, this thread made me first google, then wikipedia, 4chan. I find the basis of the site and its implications very captivating. It really makes me want to learn more about psychology.

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith

O.o . . .

I ... wow. I'm speechless. Man I knew some people were clueless, but this... wow.

And the whole what is a browser thing. I don't really think that not knowing what a browser is makes you nearly as ignorant not knowing how to use one. I've been using computers since I was four years old, but I didn't know what an Operating System was until I was thirteen, because I was simply unfamiliar with the term. I sure as hell knew how to use google though...

Originally Posted By: Xelgion
4chan just leaves me feeling empty and alone inside.

This.

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
I admit to accessing some sites by googling their names...

(Not this one though)

Me too...when can't be bothered typing in the whole address. Or, to avoid it filling my internet history with sites I'm not that interested in, making it easier to find the ones I want.

Oh, and:
http://galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=378

Originally Posted By: Thaluikhain
Me too...when can't be bothered typing in the whole address. Or, to avoid it filling my internet history with sites I'm not that interested in, making it easier to find the ones I want.

There's a wonderful invention called "favorites" that's sweeping the globe.

It's pretty new, though, so you might not heard of it.

I have this problem where I have so many favorite web sites that I have to use the search feature to find my favorites. The problem doesn't stop there, though, because I can rarely remember what I listed them as. Of course I never have them recorded as the name of the website; they're mostly under "AWESOME SITE!" or "really cool thing I found that one day" or the like.

—Alorael, who also had to remove his URL bar to make room for more favorites. It was a tough decision, but in the end he's confident that he made the right choice. There's always the search bar!

I just have it so that whenever I open a tab, I get links to my 9 most visited sites, it's pretty convenient for getting onto forums like this one. Besides that I do use google to get to certain sites.

However, the stupidity isnt in using google to get to a site you frequently visit, the stupidity is in not being able to figure out that you're not at the site you were trying to get to.