the exile I music

Qualicide

Yes. A fugue, in C minor I believe. I uploaded it

here .

I never saw an option to play the music; perhaps it was never implemented on PC, or Jeff took it out long before I found the games. This file is downloaded off Motrax\'s Lair in 2001 (not sure if the site still exists, or if it still has the file; I'll check), which incidentally is totally unrelated to Sir Motrax of Exile (afaik).

• 4 weeks later...

It's just a MIDI. You can't get Exile to play it, but you can play it while playing Exile. Or you can play a real recording of Bach's music. Or you can play whatever you want.

—Alorael, who incidentally has a recording of the Little Fugue and who has listened to it as part of his playlist while playing through Avernums.

I once downloaded a version of the Little Fugue played on an organ, and it was like sticking pencils into my eardrums, or maybe listening to a car alarm for about 3 minutes. Either way, I don't really reccommend it.

I actually rather like the version on Exile I, but the bloody thing won't convert into something playable on iTunes, no matter what application you use. I finally just put the computer's microphone really close to the speakers and played the MIDI with some ancient program and recorded that. It sounds like the Little Fugue going through a cheese grater.

MIDI can be played by Quicktime and therefore by iTunes. I still have a few MIDIs that iTunes will happily play, at any rate, and Exile1.mid is among them.

—Alorael, who will admit to being fond of organ music. It helps that it's really not an instrument ever touched by an amateur unlike, say, the violin.

Actually, for him to send it to you by email, he'd just need to be able email you, not vice versa. I have Thralni's email, but I don't like publishing other people's addresses when they can do it themselves...

I'm also interested in that Fugue, Thralni (you have my email). smile