Geneforge-Shaper Crypt?

According to the Book of Answers this this area is full of monsters. Yah,right! It's full, allright! I'm not complaining, but how full is full? I've gained 3 levels this past week, received all kinds of loot but I don't have freedom of movement! As soon as I venture out into the passageways, I get swarmed by drayks, glaks and those big red suckers, sometimes all at once....game over! So I hide in the entranceway with my back to the escape route, or in a little room in the south/west corner, wedged between a table/bench and the wall. One or the other lasts for half a dozen battles then I get swarmed and the glaks finish me off.

Question-is there a spawner somewhere in this dungeon, or is there hope of killing all the monsters?? Thanks....

Originally Posted By: Geezer
Question-is there a spawner somewhere in this dungeon, or is there hope of killing all the monsters?? Thanks....

I believe that killing Danette's shade in the Inner Crypt [the next zone in] will cease the respawns. Or am I thinking of some other Geneforge challenge are?

Actually, the correct term should be Danette's ghost. I remember a Danette's shade or something in a zone near the geneforge. Don't even remember what it told me.

Either way, I don't remember if that stops the spawns or not. I probably cheated my way out of there once i finished.

Originally Posted By: Mod.
Actually, the correct term should be Danette's ghost. I remember a Danette's shade or something in a zone near the geneforge. Don't even remember what it told me..

All three of the main researchers have shades somewhere in the game. Danette's is a combat boss in the Inner Crypt, Definel is in a storage facility skmewere and he wants you to Shape him a new body (you can't) and Corata is in the Holding cells. I forgot what he wanted, though.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Hang on. Corata is definitely in the South Workshop is the one who wants you to shape him a new body. Dikiyoba doesn't remember seeing Definel anywhere.

I distinctly recall the one who wanted a new body being a Shaper. Corata was a guardian. Let me check this...