Which sect is the best?[G5]

Originally Posted By: Alexwood
Aodare?

I believe he is a Shaper in G2 who ws captured by the Takers, who tortured him to extract knowledge about Shaping. He refused, and he gives a little soliloquy on his beliefs if you prompt him- I forgot exactly what they were.

I choose Gottesch. Because he has the coolest name, and also because he wasn't included on your list.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
I actually try to ride the fence and doing as I please for the vast majority of my time in all the Geneforge games. That being said, I believe the best thread is the one that can best help you accomplish your goals in a game.

How do you join a thread? smile

Go with Taygen. Kill them all and start over. smile

Aodare? Ehh, what was so important about him, aside from a table spoon of dialogue?

Anyway, toughh to say. The Awakened were certainly the most "peaceful", and if they had their way, the rebellion would never have happened. But it didn't work out like that, so I would side with the Rebels over anyone else.

The unaligned path is still a path, so thus it can be considered a sect (although this depends on what qualifications something must have to be a sect. For me, it's the ability to get a certain ending pertaining to a certain side. Here it's the Council, so technically you are staying true to your allegiance to the Shapers who sent you there).

So, if there was an ending in G1 where you could unleash Sucia's angry ghosts on the mainland via helping Huestess, that would be considered a sect. Alas...

On a side note your angry baby avatar is a bit disconcerting.