Stuck in Benerii-Eo G3

I got to Benerii-Eo and talked to the gazer to get to Akahri Blaze. So now I have to kill the golem that is in one of the rooms. I tried many tactics of charging and killing but I am being completely overpowered by it. So I decided to try the pylon but I can't figure out how to get it working. So how do I make this Pylon work?

If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to find a lever or switch that will reactivate the pylon first. Then you must lead the golem to the pylon. While the pylon is active, it will zap nearby creations. I'm pretty sure I remember that this includes your own creations. So you've got to activate the pylon, lead the golem to it, and hang out there close to pylon turn after turn as the pylon zaps the golem to death (while being careful not to get your creations zapped too).

All the usual defensive tricks (Protection, Augmentation, Essence Armor or Shield, Steel Skin) plus healing should help to endure while the pylon does the heavy lifting. Of course you can hit the golem too. smile

I hope this helps.

Addendum: the lever is in an alcove just west of the pylon itself, and you'll get a pop-up dialogue box letting you know the pylon switched on.

The mechanism on the lever? Huh. You must not have high enough mechanics skill, then. You'd have to raise mechanics.

Alternatively, it IS possible, if you have at least 13 Leadership, to talk Tigh Eye out of needing to kill the golem, and to get him to let you pass.

I tried looking in the scripts, but can't find any indication that it requires mechanics, or how much it might need, so I can't help there. Anyone else able to determine how much Mechanics is needed to active the Purification Crystal?

If you can't talk your way around needing to fight to golem, can't use the pylon, and can't beat the golem, there is still one more way that might work: you can try going around through the Benerii-Eo Vat Core zone, which has a separate entrance to the Geneforge zone.

As far as Mechanics and Leadership go, there are items to boost both of them - things like the Infiltrator's Shield (I think that's its name?) and the Tinker's Gloves (I think that's it's name) that might, collectively, give you the leadership or Mechanics boost you need. So don't give up your game yet. You also might need to try different tactics to beat the golem. You can also trying going back to previous zones that you may not have finished exploring, looking for stuff to do, trying to level up more or train more.

One last option: lowering the difficulty setting of the game, trying to beat the golem that way, and then, if you want, raising the difficulty setting back.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
One last option: lowering the difficulty setting of the game, trying to beat the golem that way, and then, if you want, raising the difficulty setting back.

One last option: Press and hold down shift, tap the "d" key, and enter "dbugkill" in the box that pops up. Hit enter and your golem problems magically disappear.

Dantius: Thanks for the suggestion but I already bypassed it through the vat core

Triumph:

Class: Shaper

Level: 30

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 16

Endurance: 7

Melee: 0

Missile: 13

Quick Action:0

Parry: 0

Battle:1

Mental:1

Blessing:1

Spellcraft:1

Fire:3

Battle:4

Magic:4

Healing:5

Leadership:9

Mechanics:10

Luck:4

Gretta

Strength:27

Dexterity:27

Intelligence:23

Endurance:27

Battle Alpha

Strength:21

Dexterity:19

Intelligence:20

Endurance:23

Drayk

Strength:18

Dexterity:19

Intelligence:17

Endurance:17

Terror Vlish

Strength:19

Dexterity:17

Intelligence:18

Endurance:15

Originally Posted By: Master Savodon
Dexterity: 11
Missile: 13

So you attempted to build a missile shaper? Hm. I've never tried one of those before. I ran a missile servile in G4 once, and that worked out okay.

I'm curious now. How did this work out for you? Was the Golem the first enemy you ran up against able to mop the floor with you? Did your Shaper play a more active role or a more heavily support role? Did Greta's magic lay down most of the heavy damage for you?

Well golems in general is where I was having difficulty, but that one was definitely the one I had alot of trouble with.

Yeah I was trying for a missle shaper, but it didn't seem like it added that much to the damage. Maybe I had it set up wrong, but I don't know.

Yes Greta was doing a good chunk of damage. When not hitting golems she was usually doing over 100 on most enemies and on stronger/magic resistant enemies somewhere around 70. My Drayk followed close behind her usually hitting for about 100.