missile based shaper (viable in G5)"?[G5]

I am curious -- in G3 and G4, a missile based shaper is viable --

say 10 in missile weapons, say 5+ Dex -- and you have a shaper that takes a VERY active and powerful part of combat (instead of just sitting back healing & buffing)

-- I know a Missile Guardian is fairly easy to make -- the spells and shaping weakness really hamper them, so essentially a missile based shaper in the long term is better than a guardian imho

So the Int is lower 7 instead of 10 coming out of the white spires), since I initially boosted Dex to 5 (so his hit chances are definately better)

so he is much lighter and less armored, so able to keep Str down to say 3 (maybe). and endurance also keeping it down (say 3). So essentially having a 2,5,7,3 with 10 in Missiles, Blessed, and some luck -- the damage one can do is pretty good.

and that is just coming out of the Whitespires.

So is this build for a shaper viable in G5?-- or is it unworkable compared to the "sit-back - heal/buff" style shapers?

Well, define "viable." You can pick any of the classes, and if you focus your skill points into a couple of related skills, you will have a viable build, definitely for Normal and often for Torment as well.

A properly constructed shaping build will produce a stronger character in terms of your party's combat ability, and you will have a much easier time on Torment. That does not make other builds "unworkable" though.

cool -- figured, but I just wantedto see if anybody has looked at them on G5

--

I just did a ShockTrooper for the Demo area --

15th lv, 10 Missile, 10 Mechanic, 9 Int -- 150 Essence for 2 pumped roamers tagging along .. lol. Just waiting to get a Vlish ..:)

Magic is at 1, which is a Shockers weak-spot anyways.

The ice crystals, javelins and thorns -- nasty damage, so I have to smile