WC 2010

waterplant

In the brief time it took to take my dog for a short walk just now, as an Aussie living in Germany I was disturbed by the amount of people wearing football jerseys in anticipation of tonight's Germany v Australia fixture. What's worse I have agreed to meet my ex-girlfriend in Bonn this afternoon and she would take great delight in sharing with any football fanatics the fact that I am an Aussie.

May the best team win (Australia) and best of luck to all participating in S.A.2010.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - oi, oi, oi!!!

Originally Posted By: Nikki.
England have already managed to embarrass themselves by allowing the USA "soccer" team to "strike" past our "goaltender" and nick a point from us.

Still both "teams" are the top two teams in the "group", so we should still make it through to the "knockout" stages.

fyt

The real winners are America. If we lose, nobody cares about soccer anyways. But if we win, it'd because clearly our superpower status allowed us to crush the opposition because 'murrika is the best. Also Reagan figures in there somewhere. No matter what happens, we come out on top!

Code:
                           _ajjaa                            	                          _Q???4Qf                           	       _,...,_            ) a/]QQb                           	     .'@/~~~\@'.              jQQba                          	    //~~\___/~~\\          _, .?QQ#[ _                       	   |@\__/@@@\__/@|         ]m _.7   "asLaas_a/               	   |@/  \@@@/  \@|        , ,\J#L -!4Wba                     	    \\__/~~~\__//       [aL[    \    \jmm     jP              	     '.@\___/@.'  	 ,b#'"[     \jmmmmm    _P.               	       `"""""`        a##'      "4P#mmm#   _ya               	                     _P          !4####m  ?]aa/              	                    /'        aaJ#U###m#   4QP'              	                   '         aa,/4!44! '                     	               jf         _'jQQQQyb7b /                      	               '.         '.QQQQ4QQPb  )?                    	                            QQQ'QQP?'  jg/ f                 	                          _yQP']QQb aa                       	                        a#W?'..QQQQ?)?   ?'                  	                       "##'  _jQQP'                          	                      .j?  [ jQQ'                            	                  aJ  jmaaX#L???                              	                 ? am'                                       	               _QjQQQ/                                       	               )QQQP?                                        	                4QQQ/                                        	

(in case you couldn't tell, this post was sarcastic)

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
(Until people start taking the World Baseball Classic seriously, and by "people" I mean American teams unwilling to let their stars compete for glory, then I'm more than happy to get riled up for the Cup.)

Is it the teams that refuse? I thought the issue was that players could decide whether or not to participate, and many didn't for health reasons.

Also, woo, USA!

I've read up on the North Korean team, and it's, well, odd. They seem to be a legitimate team except when up against South Korea.

—Alorael, who mostly feels a combination of sadness for Mexico over the atrociously bad call they got and glee for South Africa which deserves a good break this year if anyone does. Also, a tie means no rioting in the streets.

Originally Posted By: Sarachim
Is it the teams that refuse? I thought the issue was that players could decide whether or not to participate, and many didn't for health reasons.

Well, it is health reasons, but I'd say that teams are generally more concerned about it than the players. And given some of the exorbitant salaries out there, they are right-ish to be concerned.

It's still LAME.