Help! Bizarre Avernum 1 bug

Not quite sure this happened, and I made the foolish mistake of not saving often enough...

I'm near the end of the game and I went to kill Adze-Haakai at the Tower of the Magi. I finished him off, but as soon as I left the maze part all the guards and shopkeepers, including X, started attacking me. It was as if the "town" turned hostile, but I didn't get any message about it and my reputation's the same. I didn't steal any items or kill any humans in the Tower.

I don't have a character editor, so I can't reset the town that way, and going back to the previous save is out of the question... is there any other way to fix this so I can get the remaining Mage/Priest spells?

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
The character editor can be accessed from the Main screen, and only from there. If you turned it off, you may need to contact Spiderweb. I don't know what to do here because I have never turned mine off.
From what I understand, if you turn off the character editor and later want it back on, you delete the prefs file and contact Spiderweb with your old info, and request a new key.
Originally Posted By: DianaK
Wow, now I feel silly - I never even noticed it was there on the main screen.
That's okay, it happens.