E3: New bosses fun topic

Gorank

I am making this topic partially for fun and partially to revive the Exile trilogy board. I would like to know what you would imagine boss monsters to be like in dungeons where there aren't any (boss monsters such as Jordan, the alien slime, the mind crystal, Zkal, etc.) I imagine a Filth Factory boss to be the factory's main computer, in the form of a giant robotic roach. For the Pit of the Wyrm, I see a Mutant Giant chief riding an enormous wyrm. For the rakashi dungeon (the one with the black halberd quest, I forget its name), it would be an enormous illusion (but its attacks cause real pain!). And as for the Monastery of Madness, I envision the altar channeling (pun not intended) the essence of Monty Python's Flying Circus (summoning killer bunny rabbits, for example)

Gorank, whose internal dragonfire burns when he sees how many ripoffs of Alorael's sig there are (no, I'm not a hypocrite. I'm just using irony. Sorry, Alorael!)

As Alorael will tell you, your failed signature theft is probably too incompetent to snipe you over. (Slipped into first person and didn't use any form of punctuation before your name.)

I would think a good boss for the Generic Dungeon would be a normal monster (eg. goblin) except larger, different-coloured, with four times more HP than it could ever realistically have, and a random description, like 'venomous' or 'malignant' stuck on the front.

Of course, said boss would have another advantage in that it could be used in Geneforge. Just replace all uses of the word 'goblin' with 'artila' and you're set!

It would be quite amusing if in the Generic Dungeon, hidden in a small corner of it, somewhere, was a little red button marked: Do Not Press Under Any Circumstances!, because you know that you're always going to push that button. Then you'd have to fight some really big and nasty creatures, lead by a waffle-monster, because that's very silly.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally written by Printemps:

I would of like to of fought

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye wuld lik uf tu fot mani monstres end bad boszes tu. Bring on dem gobilns, wulves end warges.

That can be arranged easily. For example, the Filth Factory Robo-Roach could be armored with the Withered Scales, and be guarding the central breeding pit, (I imagine it only being stunned, but you throw in the Phoenix Egg and it melts from the quickfire), the Monty Python Altar could say the Knowledge Brew recipe when it dies, the illusion could be using the Black Halberd as a weapon, etc.