OBoE .megs?

La paix

In all my ineptness, I've not yet figured out how to use .meg files in Open Blades of Exile. I'm on a Mac running 10.5.8 (Intel 2.4 GHz). I'm using the version of the game found on the Google code page. In Valley of Dying Things, the custom graphics are not showing up as intended. Those light crystals and the glowing portculli are black squares, and the gremlins are invisible. (The associated .meg file for the scenario is indeed in the correct place.) What am I doing wrong? Or is it just not supported yet? Thanks in advance.

I'm not quite sure what the trouble could be. The .meg files should work fine in that version. It might be that the .meg is corrupted, I suppose.

If I recall, you can try using the Windows .bmp instead, and it should work, though (depending on the scenario) it could look a little odd.

I tried re-downloading, but to no avail. Do you think it matters what you use to expand the files? I used Stuffit this time and Archive Utility last time. I don't see any .bmp's, so I assume I should just try downloading the Windows version later.

It should be noted that I've only played Valley of Dying Things so far. Well, I did do Echoes: Assault, as well. On first attempt, the graphics did not work. However, using the included .zip of the .meg for that scenario and using the new file instead of the old fixed the problem. Since most scenarios don't have included .zip's, I wonder if they'll all have this problem?

The trouble, I think, stems from the fact that .meg files can't really be stored correctly on non-Mac filesystems. As long as the .zip or .sit was created on a Mac, the .meg within should be undamaged.

And yes, for .bmp's, you would need to download the Windows version.