Tower of the Magi

In the Tower of the Magi, there's this secret door on the east side with a magic barrier, and there's this apprentice guy behind it who's having a nervous breakdown. He speaks of luring "it" here and controlling it. (He might only appear after you defeat "it" and get the Onyx Scepter, because I saw beyond the wall when I was leaving and found him there. ?) Anyway, is he at all important?

Also, does Solberg reward you in any way? If so, I'm screwed over because Fort Draco is out of boats and I lost the one I used on that waterway. -_-;;

Quote:
Originally written by erika_redmark3:
Also, does Solberg reward you in any way? If so, I'm screwed over because Fort Draco is out of boats and I lost the one I used on that waterway. -_-;;
You can use character editor to return all boats to their starting locations.

As for your first question, I don't know.

I think so. If I remember correctly, unregistered version can: heal party, restore magic, give food and/or gold, take party out of town, make towns forget you (in case you've made some towns angry at you) and restore boats to their starting locations.

PS Welcome to the forums. smile

PPS If you want to add something to your previous, please use EDIT button instead of making 2 posts in a row.

Hmmm. I don't think the Exile 1 editor can do anything about boats, since I couldn't find it when searching the editor or in the instructions. It's not in the Extras menu or the "Gold/Food/Healing" section, which are the only things the unregistered version can do.

PS. The only other forum I've ever used was one where there basically was no edit button (only high-ranking members could edit their own posts) so I didn't see the edit button at first / didn't assume there was going to be one. *feels stupid* ^^;;

Thanks! Yeah, I found my boat; I realized I'd left it one screen north of Draco. shocked But Solberg doesn't say anything different anyway. ;_; I found his teleporter though, but was very disappointed when nobody said anything different. I was expecting Linda to be more talkative, but no.

Yay, the guy I found is good for something! =D=D *armed with the knowledge that there is something to be done, confidently ventures off to Solberg's Tower to go be curious*

Thanks again! laugh

(Edit: Solberg wants me to have the Demonslayer. All I have is two pieces of it [i'm unregistered ^^;], but I killed the Haakai Lord anyway. Do I have to have it before he tells me anything interesting?)

You can kill the Tower of Magi Haakai in the unregistered version (and got the Onyx Scepter)? Are you sure it wasn't another Haakai? There are several.

You can't get all of Demonslayer in the unregistered version (of THAT I'm positive!), but if you've already defeated the Haakai then I don't think Solberg says anything of particular import.

—Alorael, who definitely missed his chance to clean out the ToM in his unregistered E1 game. Considering how long he spent chafing at that registration barrier, maybe he should have tried out a few old haunts with more fervor first.

The Adze-Haakai, in the middle of the Tower of the Magi. The one with the Onyx Scepter right behind him. Yep. I didn't know there were other Haakai in the Tower of the Magi. You don't have to have the Demonslayer to kill him. Solberg just thinks it's nice if you do, and he's worried that without the Demonslayer you can't do it. (NPC's have so little faith... *grin*) But if your characters are a high enough level, you can beat him anyway. Mine were around level 20, which I thought was odd because it's supposed to be this crucial thing and here I am, still at a relatively low level and killing him. o_O

The weird thing is, there's no way to tell Solberg that you killed the Adze-Haakai. I said "Haakai" to him after I did, but he still said stuff like "He must be destroyed" and "Don't try to defeat him until you have the Demonslayer".

His redeeming feature is that he tells you all about the fascinating Erika. laugh (Being unregistered, I've never met her, but from what eastern characters tell me about her, she's totally awesome! ^^)