Trouble running Exile 3

Daryll

I have downloaded Exile 3 from the website. I am not able to play the game at all, even after scanning my computer, and getting my settings up [compatability acceptance or whatever it's called] so that I can play the game.

I am running a Vista.

Anyone able to help me? >.<

Originally Posted By: Daryll
I am running a Vista.
Basically, that's the problem.

In order to run the Exile Trilogy games on a Vista machine, you need some kind of virtualization software and a (preferably legal) copy of an older Windows OS. My personal preference is VirtualBox emulating WinXP.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software; leave your sanity at the door.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: Daryll
I am running a Vista.
Basically, that's the problem.

Argh, no, it isn't! If you're running 64-bit windows, then it won't work because that doesn't support 16-bit windows because it's a terrible idea to stay backwards compatible with software written for operating systems of 20 years ago.

If you're not running 64-bit windows, which is most likely, it's probably a permissions issue with not being run as administrator, or some particular compatibility shim that's needed not being used...

If you provide us with more information than "it doesn't work" we might be able to help you more... How is it not working? Does it crash? What error message do you see? etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...