Thank You Diki!

*i

Dude, we should just mod Alcritas and be done with it. Would right a wrong from ages past.

Uh, anyway, thank you for your service, Diki. You've made enough of an impression on me in your time as a member that I now do not think of you as a red/green/blue dinosaur. I don't suppose that has anything to do with your being a moderator, but still, it's something.

Originally Posted By: Cthulhu
Dikiyoba has infinitely more influence than all the noobs on this forum, as such, she has a ton of power.

This topic shouldn't be derailed, however.

FYT.

Anyway, congrats on getting out, Diki!

Seriously, though, good job moderating. I wonder who'll fill the empty slot now, though...

Originally Posted By: Nioca
I wonder who Zarusa will pick to fill the empty slot now, though...

FYT

I can think of several people here who seem fairly reasonable and responsible. Of course, it is rather difficult to form meaningful character judgments based on only forum posts...

Oh, I also wonder what Zarusa did to force out Dikiyoba - must have been pretty fierce. But since Zarusa always rolls 20s...

The ton is already defined as either 3517 W or 3939 W. That's actually only a few horsepower. The secret mod initiation process generally requires that much power output at minimum.

—Alorael, who is glad Dikiyoba isn't leaving. He's also perversely glad that there are now four black names in the top ten posters. The experience is only slightly ruined by the fact that every single one of them was a mod at one time or another.

Originally Posted By: Master1
The etymology of the term has been described, but I don't think Dikiyoba even remembers exactly.

And so my question goes un-answered...

However, this does give Dikiyoba the status of having a name so ancient that it's meaning has been lost in time. Which is pretty cool, especially when it's true.

I would like to thank Dikiyoba for writing her Spiderweb-related literary works, because of reading them I can occasionally tell what you guys are talking about.

Originally Posted By: 1 n33d n0 1n7r0duc710n
but I think it's the name of xir country.

You're thinking of the mighty land of Dikiyobia, from which Dikiyoba hails. Close, but no cigar.

Also, as far as I can remember, Dikiyoba had something to do with dinosaurs. It may even have been a specific type of dinosaur. Anything more than that has been lost in the confines of Dikiyoba's mind.

The origin of "Dikiyoba" is an acronym. The first two letters stand for "dinosaur" but I have forgotten what the other three words were. The fact that it spells something backwards is purely a coincidence. I invented it probably ten years ago, so I hope you'll all forgive me for forgetting such an interesting fact between the creation of the name and my arrival at Spiderweb. "Dikiyora", "Dikiyobia", and numerous other permutations of the word were created by the community not long after I arrived at Spiderweb, but the former two are the only ones that really stuck.

Normally this conversation would be a cue for Dikiyoba to change Dikiyoba's PDN for a few days, but today Dikiyoba is out of ideas.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
The origin of "Dikiyoba" is an acronym.

Dinosaurs kill you, but artistically.

Also, Dikiyoba has been a great moderator and I hope Dikiyoba will still find the time to stay on the forum instead of going into hibernation like I do on occasion.

Originally Posted By: Arancaytrus
[Also, Dikiyoba has been a great moderator and I hope Dikiyoba will still find the time to stay on the forum instead of going into hibernation like I do on occasion.

Well bots do need to power down while being recharged.

I sorry to see Dikiyoba leave as moderator, but hope Dikiyoba will stay around. Isn't it about time for a new episode? *hint, hint*