Happy Easter

Acky

Originally Posted By: Dantius
I heard today that Orthodox easter and normal easter fall on the same day, which is bizarre, since I thought Orthodox easter was two weeks after normal easter. You learn something new ever day, I guess.

My imaginary Greek friend suggests that Orthodox (meaning normal) Easter is the normal Easter while Roman Easter is the other one. All things being relative I guess...

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
Easter is a moveable feast, meaning it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon (the Paschal Full Moon) following the vernal equinox.[3] Ecclesiastically, the equinox is reckoned to be on March 21 (regardless of the astronomically correct date), and the "Full Moon" is not necessarily the astronomically correct date. The date of Easter therefore varies between March 22 and April 25. Eastern Christianity bases its calculations on the Julian Calendar whose March 21 corresponds, during the twenty-first century, to April 3 in the Gregorian Calendar, in which calendar their celebration of Easter therefore varies between April 4 and May 8.

So, if there were no full moon between March 22 and April 4, then the two Easters would fall on the same day, right? I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.