Fortune Cookies

Callie

I recently ate at a Chinese buffet. It was a great meal, and was topped off with the usual fortune cookie. I opened it, only to stare in disbelief at:

Quote:

Things are not always as they seem. It's not that bad!

So, I'm wondering whether or not strange fortune cookies are an unusual occurrence. Have you ever had strange messages in fortune cookies before?

"Today is a good day to go to bed early."

...in bed?

—Alorael, who has gotten some very good fortunes over time. His favorite fortune experience was sitting down with a married couple. The husband got a fortune that read, "True love is just across the table." His wife, across the table, got a rather different message: "Never trust a fortune cookie."

Aw, Alo, you beat me to it. Every cookie fortune should be read by adding "...in bed." to the end. It makes them much more accurate. It also makes for hilarious dinner conversation. It's a tradition of ours to always get Chinese for supper on Christmas day. Just for fun, I kept our fortunes this year.

Time heals most everything. Give it time, time... (Really, the fortune has 'time' on it twice. It begs for more to be added.)

Make big plans...

Luck will visit you on the next new moon...

Curiosity kills boredom. Nothing can kill curiosity...

It's not the amount of time you devote, but what you devote to the time that counts...

Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction...

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra...

Every wise man started out by asking many questions...