Messed up game.

I think I messed up the game....I edited myself so I could dispell those barriers at the tower I encouter when I travel to the vahnatai lands....so I entered the portal at the building...ended up at tower of magi...then I went to erikas tower from there...teleported back to tower of magi, but unable to access main teleporter. So I went through vahnatai teleporter and talked to the vahnatai leaders before I was supposed to and without even knowing their language.....and I went back through the portal and you know the rest. I think I just messed up the game.

Probably, since Avernum games use SDF, stuff done flags, to control the dialog options and terrain in the scripts. In Exile versions you can trigger things if you know what is supposed to happen, but in Avernum they won't unless you have followed the correct procedures.

Try going back to Avit and learning the language by doing the pool ritual and finding out what tests you need to do to talk to the leaders in Oglai. That might put the game back on track.

Otherwise you might need to do the whole Dark Waters section over.