Characters Surviving from A1 Through A6 (Spoilers)

Lord Bob

Originally Posted By: Marak
X and Solberg, who have extended their lifespans using their mastery of magic. On the downside, both are pretty much half-undead at this point, and are well on their way to becoming full-fledged Liches.

I deliberately said "through", not "into". Solberg dies in the game and I'm willing to count X as dead because I'm that sort of guy.

Ahh well then, no body. Unless you count the Dragons with their "we live for centuries unless killed off by bands of 4-6 Adventurers first" lifespans.

I don't remember the exact timeline, but at the time of A6 Avernum has been around for (I'm sure someone will yell at me here for being a few decades off) over a century. Unless someone was exiled as a baby in the first 2-4 years of Avernum and somehow survived to a ripe old age of 125 years old in the caves, everyone from the original days of A1 is long gone and it's their grandchildren and possibly their great-grandchildren that we're dealing with in A6.

Although, I guess it's possible some smart Lich or Vampire or similarly intelligent Undead has survived thru the whole series by not ever letting themselves become hostile to any of said Adventuring groups. wink

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Solberg, X, and Kelner are the only characters who appear in person in both E/A1 and A6. Solberg may be gone, but he retains the dubious honor of being the only character to appear in all six games.
Yeah, when Jeff said Avernum 6 would be the last Avernum, I rolled my laughed and assumed there would be more anyway. Only when Solberg finally went down did it begin to sink in that there really might not ever be another Avernum game. frown

As far as characters the PCs meet in one or more games who are presumed to have been alive during both E/A1 and A6, we have:

- The aforementioned Solberg, X, and Kelner

- Athron, Khoth, and Sulfras (confirmed by Melanchion to still live as of A6)

- Most Vahnatai; of the important/recurring ones, just Prossis-Bok, Elohi-Bok, Abra, Bohen, Iglit, and Ghall-Ihrno

- Avernite children who we've also seen grown up: Alice and Angarahad

- Pythras the dragon and Morog the lich

Kelner is an apprentice in the Tower of Magi in A1. He's willing to break his vow of silence to direct adventurers to Solberg's secret message to save the tower from demons. By the end of the series he's gone from apprentice to archmage, and he's a fair bit more sane, grounded, and reliable than his predecessors.

—Alorael, who is sure the man is bitter about watching adventurer after adventurer do great deeds while he babysits mad demon-summoners and then cleans up their messes.