Dropbox & Spiderweb Games

orphean

I've been using Dropbox for a while now which is one of several services that let you save things onto a remote server and have things saved their sync automatically to whichever systems you have the client program on. It's sort of like webdav that doesn't completely blow and since the files are still stored locally (to be synced on changes when there is a net connection) you can use it easily enough without a live net connection.

I have to travel a lot for my job and there are large periods of downtime that I like to fill up with meaty independent rpg playing. So since I like working on one play-through at a time for a given game by locating my save files into my Dropbox I can play my 'current' game regardless of which system I happen to be in front of at the time.

If you use Emacs this is also a good place to put your init file and vendor scripts wink

Anyway, it works great and I use it all the time and just thought I'd share the tip.

And quickly, I'm playing through the demo of A6 at the moment and will probably end up just buying it before I reach the end of the demo. It's my favorite Avernum game thus far. Thanks for all the hard work.