A6 - Which dealer buys skribbane and gives XP?

Carranzero

You get both money and some XP per each skribbane sold to him. This is the skribbane exploit for getting XP since it doesn't get reduced by level like it did in earlier games for item quests. So save them for late in the game or when you really need to level up.

There are about 100 skribbane that can be found/stolen. You can also buy it in a few places with the Chrysander northeast of Almaria being the cheapest.

On the topic of skribbane, I was about to post here asking about Igner person, whom you can met very early on who is very reclusive and aggresive, and has skribbane in a chest next to him. Does he come up in any quests at all? Because I talked to him twice, then before coming here to ask, I wanted to check his name...third times the charm for getting him to attack you. Am I alright to kill him, asuming he doesn't show up in even minor quests?

Umm, last question for the time being; what type of weapon is a razordisk? Knife, polearm, thrown, bow, ect...I can cross out number 2 myself. And thx for yet another answer.

P.S. Considering stealing razordisk in castle from alien thingy real early on. It its a bow type weapon, I'm taking it for my nephil.

So...it's one use...but it looked so cool...I like bows, I like bows, I likes bows, now I just need to repeat that 1000 more times 'till I believe it.

*sigh*...thank you, although now I have not viable reason to steal the razordisk... next question; those skribbane addicts digging in a secret tunnel west of amalia(?), is there any harm in killing them?

Edit: I just looked at the last three grouping of posts here. It's all you answering my questions. I think we can save room by putting this all into one post each when I'm done asking questions...

Originally Posted By: Syllogism
To be specific, I'm suggesting the exploit may have been fixed in the windows version. I edited myself 2000 bottles of skribbane and I still received only ~500 xp and additional bottles aren't giving me any xp.

Well, Dikiyoba just ran a very quick test (on the Windows version). Dikiyoba was getting experience from selling skribbane but then stopped getting it. Not good.

Originally Posted By: Talias
next question; those skribbane addicts digging in a secret tunnel west of amalia(?), is there any harm in killing them?

There will be a quest in Almaria regarding killing those digging the tunnel. The leader is a bit hard to kill when you first can kill them.

Originally Posted By: Talias
...are the refugees important (this is in the bandit area). He's killing THEM, not moi. Opps...

Also, is that Hrrrma Nephil in the goblin mine area at the start useful for anything?

Those refugees aren't importat.

Hrrrma is justed a named supporter of Lord Trinket. Just kill him.

As to Lilith's answering all those questions. Lilith has played all the games and always seems to be around to answer things.

Well, I don't know how to edit myself 2000 vials of skribbane, but a rough test using about 400 shows a sharp drop-off in XP gain after levelling up from 39 to 40. From about 350 XP per 100 to about 125. This is with a singleton, on a Mac.

So evidently the XP reward does scale down with level, after all.

That was actually the first thing I did but couldn't quite figure out what was going on.

Code:
			i = take_all_of_item(225);		change_coins(20 * i);		if (gf(128,29) < 50) {			inc_flag(128,29,i);			award_party_xp(20 * i,average_level());			}

There's some counter, but it didn't appear to stop rewarding xp after 50 (bottles).