Avernum 2- Shareware Demon

In Avernum 2, where is the line you cannot cross without registering? I know that you have to register to take the portal from the Vahnatai lands to the Tower (I registered right after hitting that point), but is there a limit on how much of the Vahnatai lands you can explore?

I think you can explore all the Vahnatai lands, you just get a warning outside of Avit. But you can't use the portal in Olgai, hence you can't go to the Tower of Magi&&.

Edit:

This is wrong, you can only explore the three sections of Vahnatai lands, the ones containing Olga, Avit and Mancuso. If you are blocked by a registration barrier you will be told that.

• 4 weeks later...

As a proud owner of the Avernum 2 demo, I can tell you that you cannot explore all the lands of the Vahnatai. You can only explore a limited area here consisting of three "zones". They are:

1. The zone* which includes Avit, the "City of Peace",

2. the zone* to the west of Avit, and

3. the zone* to the east of Avit.

You can explore all the towns and dungeons within these three zones. The shareware demon confronts you when you walk a little south of Avit, but you can explore these three zones just fine.

*By zone I mean all of the area that can be displayed on the mini map at a given time.