Cafepress

Pyro

Wow avernum merchandise

http://www.cafepress.com/spidweb

As much as I would really like some avernum or geneforge stuff, this stuff just seems too, plain. A shirt with the word avernum on it... meh.

There was a threads a while back with some great ideas for shirts and stuff and those seemed cool.

Although the mouse pad look really nice.

Your thoughts and opinions?

I'd like to see some merchandise with a humorous touch. Here are some ideas:

• shirt: "Certifiable mad Shaper: I have a War Trall, and I know how to use it"
  • mug: "Avernum's finest mushroom brew"
  • shirt: "I'm so tough, I vacation in the Abyss"
  • shirt/mug: "Official Fyora trainer" (or any other creation)
  • bumper sticker: "My other car is a portal network"
  • shirt/mug: "Waveblade instructor"
  • shirt: "Tour Guide - Fort Remote"

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Then why did you just palette-shift it and use it as your avatar?

Obviously I'm talking about a different set of fyora graphics.

Originally Posted By: Ackrovan
What exactly, may I ask, makes it so revolting to you Dikiyoba? Out of all the versions of the Fyora, that one is clearly the only one that made a deliberate attempt at being, if comically, adorable. I can understand wanting it to be portrayed as a regular monster.

It is proportioned in an exaggeratedly cute fasion but otherwise drawn fairly realistically. Not a pretty combination in the slightest.

Dikiyoba.

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
I mean, I can understand Avernum having more stuff, but A4 can draw upon more revenue then G5 can? I call shenanigans.

Yes. Avernum has always outsold Geneforge, according to Jeff, and A4 was immensely lucrative and saved Spiderweb from the flop that was BoA.

—Alorael, who finds the merchandise uninspired. A little effort towards humor, and Jeff has shown that he can pull that off quite well, would bump sales up quite well. And where's the Scorched Earth Party gear?

It's not always enough to be a pipe-carrying member. Sometimes having the shirt is important too. How else will the masses know to panic when you're coming?

—Alorael, who would buy and wear a shirt advertising Avernum as a proper solution to the current US political deadlock. Then Avernum and the SEP could be nicely combined!

Quote:
Yes. Avernum has always outsold Geneforge, according to Jeff, and A4 was immensely lucrative and saved Spiderweb from the flop that was BoA.

A4 was released a long time ago, and G5 just last year. It just doesn't make sense to me why he would try to sell an old game, which contradicts a lot of what Jeff has done in the past. I'm not saying he shouldn't have merchandise whatsoever; I've already paid for a shirt and a mouse pad.

I suppose I'm just gonna have to be the disgruntled Geneforge-addict in the crowd.

Originally Posted By: Starbreak Scattershot
—Alorael, who finds the merchandise uninspired. A little effort towards humor, and Jeff has shown that he can pull that off quite well, would bump sales up quite well.
Precisely my point with my merchandise suggestions. A little humor can go a long way. Here's a few more shirt ideas:
  • "Got skribbane?"
  • picture of a Shaper/Lifecrafter making a creation, surrounded by the words, "I'd rather be shaping"
  • "Friends don't let friends become canister junkies"
  • "I think outside the Boks" (with pictures of different colored Crystal Souls)
  • "I survived Sucia Island"
I wanted to post a shirt slogan for bungee jumping at Fort Spire, but couldn't come up with anything.

I think JV is just testing the waters right now. It's easy to make mousepads and posters with images he has on hand. Making clever ThinkGeek-esque merchandise would be much more of a time investment, with no promise of payoff. If good results come from this offering, then maybe some more will be created. Besides, Avernum/Geneforge memes aren't exactly widespread.

Why not just ask the boards? We aren't the games' target demographic, but we are probably the hard-core players who would buy the merchandise. Presumably we can figure out what we want.

—Alorael, who actually wouldn't put too much money on that last presumption. No one ever went broke underestimating the fractiousness of Spidwebbers.

The real question is where are the RWG shirts? I mean, how could you go wrong with:

"Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?"

"Keep laughing. Galactic Core 2 is coming"

"Richard White is my Co-Pilot"

"Do not adjust your implants"

Also, did you know that Richard White is now working at McDonald's in NZ? I'm not making this up.