E3: Ruined World -- Room in Sulfras's Cave

I was feeling greedy, so after I got Khoth's spells and the Beastslayer Bade, I killed Sulfras and looted everything i could get to within his lair.

Now, here's the problem: magic map reveals a gigantic chamber behind his main lair, which walk-through walls lead to BUT there's 3-ways in, with impenetrable locked doors at each.

I may be wrong, but I think there was a triggered special talking about a keyhole for one of them. So, CAN I get in, and if so, how?

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, search didn't turn up the other thread the first time I checked. Since I can't delete this post, let me also ask: did anyone else kill the dragons, and was it worth it/did it change the plot?

The dragons are long, tough battles, and I had to reload a time or two, but if you hammer on Sulfras with Major Blessing-ed fighters (and an antimagic cloud) and use mages on Khoth, (no resistances!!!) they go down. Fight athron like sulfras. Dragon breath weapons don't hit you if you're inside an antimagic cloud, for some reason.

Am I screwed somehow if I kill all the dragons? The special message implied I was in deep trouble.

Incidentally, even though Rentar-Ihrno is responsible, Mr. Vogel planted a room of plague monsters in Khoth's lair. More false evidence?

Killing the dragons has no effect on the plot at all. You could even go through the game without ever encountering them.

The room full of plague monsters is somewhat misleading, but talking with the dragons explains that they're interested in the plagues as well and have captured specimens for study. You have to kill a few of them to get the Beastslayer Blade, which I incidentally never used.

—Alorael, who would appreciate spoiler notices before major spoilers like the one in Micael's post. Some people still don't know and may want to find out for themselves, although the way Pisst phrased his question made it seem like he already knew that the dragons weren't responsible.

Quote:
Originally written by Compost Stellae:
Killing the dragons has no effect on the plot at all. You could even go through the game without ever encountering them.

The room full of plague monsters is somewhat misleading, but talking with the dragons explains that they're interested in the plagues as well and have captured specimens for study. You have to kill a few of them to get the Beastslayer Blade, which I incidentally never used.

—Alorael, who would appreciate spoiler notices before major spoilers like the one in Micael's post. Some people still don't know and may want to find out for themselves, although the way Pisst phrased his question made it seem like he already knew that the dragons weren't responsible.
Spoliers, how annoying. I already had found who is responsible for the plauges (found out on SpidWeb, incidentally), but I don't know why yet. I would apprecitate it greatly if no-one tells me.

Quote:
Originally written by Sic transit mundus.:
Ruth already answered this. No, there's no way into Sulfras' secret room or the room in Erika's Tower.

—Alorael, who wishes there were at least one of the nice "How did you get in here?" signs. There isn't.
What would you define a 'how did you get in there' sign as? Or do you just mean a special encounter?

I e-mailed Jeff a few years back to ask how to enter the hidden chambers of Sulfras and Erika. He said there was no way in there, but he could have easily been lying. Then again, he could have been telling us that there was no way in so we would question whether it was actually sealed off. And so on, and so on.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
The "how did you get in here?" sign is a literal sign. A hidden area in one of Jeff Vogel's BoE scenarios, completely inaccessible except through the use of the scenario editor, contains a signpost saying "How did you get in here?"
I understnad now, thankyou. There are a couple of them signs on Rockstars GTA III.

icouldntcomeupwithabettername, please change your PDN. It distorts the screen.

Since one can use certain illicit methods to enter the sealed chambers and find that there is absolutely nothing in them, I'd say Jeff was telling the truth. Any way to get it is either a bug or cheating.

—Alorael, who hasn't heard of any bugs that let you get in. That leaves only cheating, and since there's nothing in there anyway, it isn't really worth it.

Quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:
There are some of those signs in Duke Nukem 3d also, but those ones said something like "You're not supposed to be here"

—Eldibs, who feels like copying Alorael's sig, also thinks there should be some sort of sign in there.
You will either get sniped, or a stern warning. My virtual money is on the former option.

On topic though: I have never got my party strong enough to even attempt fighting Sulfras.

On the topic of the dragons-I went there right before goin' inside the fenced area. My parties average level was about 22 (with 29 highest and 16 lowest). The dragons were nothing to me.

About the hidden rooms-I always wondered if I could get in there somehow and if anything was in there. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. cool

I think it was properly camouflaged even so. Perhaps it might not pass undetected without the presence of so much more flagrant spam elsewhere, but by comparison it was a positively meaningful post.

—Alorael, who may have to ask Thuryl to give posting lessons. If there must be spammers, at least the can be unobtrusive spammers. This may assume too much intelligence and adaptability on their part, but it's an effort that should be made.