Brigandage - Another AIMHack Campaign

Nioca

So, after a little bit of encouragement, I've decided to run my own AIMHack campaign. It'll be a bit of a simple start, but hopefully I can get it to the same levels of epicness as Eph at some point.

For simplicity, this campaign takes place on Mote, just like the other two AIMHack campaigns running right now. This one will start on the island of Skarrifissk, which is encountering some brigand troubles. But without further ado, the intro:

Quote:
Thane has, for some reason, always attracted brigands and low-lifes. Despite (or perhaps because of) being a fine city of noble people, criminals seem to draw to the city like a magnet, plaguing the streets and surrounding countryside and defying the city guard's best efforts to uproot them. Indeed, more than a handful of notorious thieves have gotten their start in this humble city.

However, in the past weeks, crime has experienced a flare-up. Merchants are finding their homes robbed, and caravans are getting waylaid by highwaymen with alarming frequency. Most recently, Alaris Teraon, a wealthy elven connoisseur of jewelry, was robbed by an unknown party.

The city guard has thusfar been baffled by the recent upsurge in brigandage. Alaris, dissatisfied with the guard's performance, decided to take matters into his own hands, and hire mercenaries to track down his precious baubles.

Seeming like brave and heroic (not to mention paying) work, you heeded the call...

I still have to get my site up and going, but in the meantime, this needs characters! So send in your character sheets.

Once we've got characters, I'll get a calendar posted and get this show on the road.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would bring the number of players up to seven, which is definitely pushing it. I might be able to do seven, but I want to actually get my bearings and find out just how efficiently I can handle six characters before getting myself in too deep. Plus, scheduling seven will no doubt be a complete and utter nightmare.

That said, you're free to send in a character sheet. If someone else drops out or it turns out I can process six characters efficiently, that slot would be open for you.

Okay, we have our first two characters!

First off, we have Harosh, the Druidic Lacewing.

Click to reveal..
Name: Harosh (Ephesos)

Alignment: Distant

Race: Lacewing

Deity: Liea

Strength - 2

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 4

Health - 10

Magic (Transmutation) - 4

Magic (Divination) - 1

Martial (Slings) - 2

History - 3 (RB)

Perception - 2

Thievery - 1 (RB)

Next, Xuan, the Conjurer/Jack-of-all-trades.

Click to reveal..
Name: Xuan Lu (Dantius)

Alignment: Malevolent

Race: Human

Deity: Atheist

Strength - 4

Dexterity - 2

Intelligence - 5

Health - 8

Magic (Conjuration) - 4

Bluff - 2

Artifice - 2

Stealth - 2 (RB)

History - 1

Streetwise - 1

Diplomacy - 1

Perception - 1 (RB)

Two more characters are in the wings. Nalyd's got an almost-complete one, and Jewels has got a partially complete one.

I still have to get the site up, and will hopefully have that up sometime tomorrow.

Two more characters! That's half the party done.

Anthony, the Dwarven Magesmith.

Click to reveal..
Name: Anthony Block (Nalyd)

Race: Dwarf

Deity: Liea

Alignment: You'll have to ask my wife.

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 3

Health: 8

Skills:

Martial (Hammers) - 4

Magic (Transmutation) - 3

Crafting - 2

Artifice - 2 (RB)

Religion - 1 (RB)

And Iliau, Druid Misanthrope extraordinaire.

Click to reveal..
Name: Iliau (Dikiyoba)

Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength - 3

Dexterity - 3

Intelligence - 4

Health - 10

Magic (Conjuration) - 4

Martial (Blunt Object) - 3

Nature - 2

Artifice - 1

Thievery - 1 (RB)

History - 1 (RB)

Originally Posted By: Nioca

Click to reveal..
Name: Iliau
Alignment: Misanthropic

Strength - 3
Dexterity - 3
Intelligence - 4
Health - 10

Magic (Conjuration) - 4
Martial (Blunt Object) - 3
Nature - 2
Artifice - 1
Thievery - 1 (RB)
History - 1 (RB)

Click to reveal..
Name: Xuan Lu
Alignment: Malevolent
Deity: Atheist

Strength - 4
Dexterity - 2
Intelligence - 5
Health - 8

Magic (Conjuration) - 4
Bluff - 2
Artifice - 2
Stealth - 2 (RB)
History - 1
Streetwise - 1
Diplomacy - 1
Perception - 1 (RB)

These characters look similar to the point where "coincidence" is no longer a viable explanation.

The carnival has arrived! And it brought with it party member #5:

Click to reveal..
Name: Casper "Dirk" Willis (Jewels)

Race: Elf

Alignment: Cautious

Strength - 3

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 4

Health - 8

Martial (Throwing Knives) - 4

Streetwise - 3 (RB)

Magic (Divination) - 2

Magic (Enchantment) - 2

Perception - 1

Bluff - 1 (RB)

And please remember to submit available dates to the Calendar.

Originally Posted By: Aerat Barnes, Thane Guard Captain
I've heard of a distant city called Sarden, composed entirely of bandits. And while I'm appalled at such an affront to the law, some small part of me wishes they'd come recruiting here. If only to make my job easier.

And last (but not least), the party thief:

Click to reveal..
Name: Erika Johnson (Duck)

Alignment: Charitable

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 4

Intelligence: 4

Health: 10

Martial (Dagger): 2

Stealth: 4 (RB)

Perception: 3 (RB)

Streetwise: 2

Thievery: 2

Bluff: 1

Diplomacy: 1

So, as soon as the calendar is filled in, we'll be all set! Also, still working on the website and will hopefully have that up soon.

Originally Posted By: "Seven-finger" Sven, Thief
I can't help but look upon the new generation of thieves with disgust as skill and talent gets replaced with thuggery and depravity. Robbing a merchant of several hundred gold without him being the wiser is an accomplishment. Mugging a blind hobo for three coppers is just sadistic.

(triple post... wow)

With 2/3s of the party reporting, the following days look good:

- Sunday, March 7th (iffy)

- Monday, March 8th

- Tuesday, March 9th

Originally Posted By: Wallo, Traveling Lacewing Healer
Thane would like to think that its problems are limited to its city walls. It's not; I've been mugged on roads no less than six times in the past week, and other travelers have fared no better.

Since I already procrastinated putting my dates in the calendar long enough for possible days to come up, I might as well just say which ones work for me. I most likely won't be able to do next Sunday, but I'll be able to come for Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday I might be a little bit late, so Monday would be best for me.

The first session of Brigandage is TODAY in 10 and a half hours! (7:00 PM EST, 6:00 CST)

But that's not all! I finally got off my rump and got my site up and running! It's... really not much right now. But there's a page for the campaign, and even a link to a character roster!

Also, still need a few backstories.

Originally Posted By: Qarm, Self-Proclaimed Servant of Skarrifissk
I take offense to the insinuation that I'm a highwayman. All I and my men do is keep the roads clear of beasts and brigands. Surely, Skarrifissk has the safest roads of any land in these dark and turbulent times. So is it really so much to ask travelers for a small toll now and then for performing this vital service? Oh, and you still owe me fifteen gold.

Hehehe. That seems to be a common problem around here. Though...let's see, I think I remember that the Selos party blew up a forest and made people mad, and more recently Vitze tried to lead a mob to kill Zarusa. The Blood Marsh party...had some tension with Tabazinth, and with the entertainers, and with Kurex + any NPC.

I have a new ambition: to make sure Lanrezac is NOT a socially disfunctional, friendly-NPC-antagonizing PC!

First session was a success, if a little rough around the edges. Thankfully, you can relive the npc abuse glory through this log.

But now, onto the quotes!

Click to reveal..
Harosh: "We're going to get lynched, aren't we?"

Crusty Dragon Bartender: "You know, I'm allowed to hear you from three feet away."

Anthony: "May we please stop blatantly insulting our first possible lead?"

Erika: "We're here to thwart Brigands, not steal from dwarves."

Wallo: "Manners, manners... You people have atrocious manners."

Casper: "Sorry if I seem rude. I am an elf after all. That's the way my momma raised me."

Xuan: "My subtle strategic genius lies fallow passed out in a cart in front of a seedy inn!"

Iliau: "No wonder there are bandits here. Just look at all this wealth!"

Krath: "All I know about him is that he likes frequenting the taverns. 'Course, after fifteen years of hard thievery, I'd probably want a drink too."

Dialogue

JARGENS: "Oh, didn't see ya there! Say, you the ones going out to hunt brigands?"

XUAN: "No. We are not. We were seeing Alaris as part of a confidential business deal."

ILIAU: "The business deal being, of course, the fact that we're going to kill some brigands."

New calendar is up, so please mark off when the next session would work for you. Right now, from the previous calendar, our best days look like:

- Saturday the 13th

- Tuesday the 16th

- Thursday the 18th

Originally Posted By: Hera, Dragonborn Weather Witch
Weather manipulation is a subtle and tiring craft, requiring gentle manipulation rather than plain-sweeping alterations. It's not all about striking people with lightning, though that is a small perk.