It Was Necessary

Jethro Mithrandier

...Polaris is a now-dead satellite board that focused on RP-ing, whenever any of its members could be bothered to keep one going.

Desperance was and still is (?) a satellite forum where there's a vastly higher concentration of anger and vitriol than anything SW has seen for years.

The Club of All... I dimly remember that TGM was involved with it. And for a brief while it was hosted on Arancaytar's webspace before it did something stupid/offensive and got the boot.

...the OP, however, is a total mystery to me.

The poster is, I believe, a Desper, and possibly an alternate account of someone more familiar here. Menfun in a manse was a phrase used to describe either Desperance or to disparage another forum (and that most likely means Polaris).

—Alorael, who finds it telling that he can't remember whether the term was a badge of pride or a derisive slur.

I was informed at one point in recent history by a Desper (probably Alec) that Desperance remains active, but on IRC. I guess the board is more or less just a toy (probably a Sybian) at this point, but it is still there, for those who are curious. There's no link from the main page anymore, however.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Ephesos
The Club of All... I dimly remember that TGM was involved with it. And for a brief while it was hosted on Arancaytar's webspace before it did something stupid/offensive and got the boot.

Wasn't that just the second incarnation of it?

Dikiyoba.

More like the third, IIRC.

Oh, and I think I'll go for Polaris. Just because.

Deserance sounds cooler. Like an uber-mysterious warrior type of name.

"And Desperance, sword ready in hand, hacked through the army of goblins like butter. Only when they all lay eternally submissive before him did he sheath his blade."

Damn. I'm poetic.

~Artemis and poems. I used to write, until I learned the meaning of homework overload.