Procrastination

Rowen

That requires you to buy pens that have caps and risk going insane after losing said caps, though.

Dikiyoba doesn't have many problems with people walking off with borrowed writing implements. Pens and pencils do seem to diappear once they hit the mess on Dikiyoba's desk, however. Perhaps the pen thieves in Dikiyoba's area are simply bored with failing to return pens that are loaned to them and prefer to break into people's houses in order to steal them instead.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You assume that your pens and pencils aren't escaping on their own. A professor I worked for said all his missing tools were escaping to tool heaven.

Tool heaven is a well documented occurrence, though. Writing utensil heaven is a new theory as of yet untested. In that regard it is not at all unlike sock heaven.

Originally Posted By: Dantius

My trick to do this is that I keep the cap. Capless pens are pretty much useless, so it insures that it is either returned, or the thief goes insane looking for the cap.

I don't know what kind of pens you have, but in our house, the caps go in the garbage the second we start using one. They seem to work fine afterwords regardless.

I was gonna post something yesterday, but then I didn't.

Originally Posted By: Sedate and Serious. (!Slarty)
—Alorael, who should mention that he also only lends to those who can prove themselves worthy. Single combat is a must.

Why is it that all the poor singles must engage in combat? They already have Valentine's Day to make them feel bad about themselves; why compound insult with injury?

Oh, that's right. Because it is humorous.

Originally Posted By: Master1
Someone borrowed my pen today and never gave it back. Is it within my rights to expect a new one, or should I just cut my losses?
I hope you get it back, but would suggest you don't get too optimistic. I lost count of how many pens and pencils I'm owed somewhere around 200.

It should also be noted that it was a good pen.
Which may be why it wasn't returned. Try loaning out a crappy one next time.

Actually, the person left if on the music stand, and when I went back at the end of the day, it was gone. I blame the orchestra kids who are in the room after us. It's always the violins.

So are you saying that violins stole your pen, or that the violins had some kind of psychoactive influence on the orchestra kids that make them do so?

In band, we refer to people who play instruments by what they play. I belong with the clarinets. The violins are both the violins and the violinists. If you were being sarcastic, I apologize. My mind is on K622.

I side with the Jets over the Sharks, personally. These new gangs sound menacing to the established order. Something will certainly have to be done about it.

Originally Posted By: Crisis on Exactly One Alorael
—Alorael, who doesn't really like popcorn but who loves unpopped corn. Unfortunately, he doesn't like butter very much, so most of the kernels don't do him much good.

Weird. And you know that you can but plain, unsalted and un-buttered kernels, right?