Organising stuff sucks!

VCH

I would have never thought being the captain for a soccer and a ball hockey team would be so damn hard.

Over the last week I've been trying to figure out who can play and when. But people are terrible at getting back to me (quickly) over facebook or email, even texts. I guess I should have anticipated this as I take a long time to respond to messages too. I'm thinking this will be the first and last time I take on the role of organiser. It's much easier to fend for myself.

What tricks do you have for getting people to respond to messages? Spamming their inbox? lol

Happy birthday! Are custom titles working again now, or was that a bit of self-modification?

—Alorael, who would like a more elegant way to title than account hijacking. The boards are rife enough with accusations, ploys, stratagems, and bots without mixing more into the smoke and mirrors.

Originally Posted By: A Figment Of Your Imagination
Well, I'm going to hop on the boat and say happy birthday here, since being the only one on this thread to not have said it makes me feel like a jerk.

Edit: Ah, nope, there's Dantius

Great, single me out for punishment.

Congratulations on your birth, Ephesos.

To answer the original question, the next time you're all together, you can explain the situation to them. If they aren't getting back to you with times when they can practice and meet for games, the chances of playing at all fall to zero. If they're okay with that, then why are they even on a sports team?

Honestly, if they're on a team, then they should work their schedules around yours. Don't let your subordinates walk all over you. Don't become their planning [censored]. Organize these events in advance so people can't make excuses for not having known about them. If they don't want to plan their own schedules accordingly, then why are they even on a sports team?

You can also start holding them accountable for not getting back to you, and start punishing them for it, though this one is a little trickier to implement without chasing people away.