Poll: Did you like anonymity in Northern Isles?

Sporefrog

I loved it. It added an extra layer to the game. And it certainly felt like it was how the game was intended to be.

With that said, I figured out who Sarachim was within 6 hours of the start of the game (and we were already allies :p). And by the end I was confident that Thuryl was Surefire. But other than that, everyone managed to fool me smile

I'm pretty sure the verdict here is to keep it optional but encourage it. If anything it helps the newer players most if lots of people do it, because it forces people to actually talk to them and give them a chance. For a while now, there was too much preference toward the experienced players.

Originally Posted By: Sporefrog
Originally Posted By: Marlenny

With that said, I figured out who Sarachim was within 6 hours of the start of the game (and we were already allies :p).

I'm eagerly awaiting the game when you two are irreconcilable enemies.

This has actually happened twice. We each won once by backstabbing the other.

Originally Posted By: Latchkey Adult
How about a meta-game where instead of having roles like Gladwell and Vahkohs you have roles like Marlenny and Thuryl? Obviously, the playing field and powers would have to be adjusted too.

I would play this game.

—Alorael, who would have to strongly consider renting out his account to this game as well. Or there could be a self-backstabbing game of Northern Isles in which everyone uses the same anonymous account...