A2 - early start

Going through A2 for the first time.

Is it me or is this game much more difficult than A1?

Some of the monsters in the beginner area are really tough, like the demon in the ruins or the gremlins in Verdant Valley or the Strange Cave (and without Unshackle Mind, Confusion is a real pain).

Plus, how can you get to the Tiny Slith Fort, south of Arenea Cave? I can't walk along the river, because a tree blocks the way.

Final one, how hard is the next part of the game? Is a level 10-12 group enough (because when I fought 8 Mung Rats, I died a lot!).

TIA

All of those are possible but you have to be prepared and use some thought plus a few reloads. I think I killed everything including the demons outside Solberg's home just to have the maximum levels before the next part. The part I found hard was the Aranea because they use webs to slow me down.

That demon was meant for later in the game but can be done if fully buffed and ready.

The Tiny Slith Fort is from a passage west of the river route. I know you can get to it and the Empire soldiers west of there. The only thing you can't do is open a door that needs a password and enter Solberg's home because you don't have clearance.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software.

Well, I'm still stuck.

In order to get to the Tiny Slith Fort, I can't go west of Fort Draco because of the Barrier.

I can't go along the river because of a tree and I can't seem to find a secret passage to go south from the Aranea Cave (or west from the Ruined Town for that matter).

I guess I can do without looting this Fort, but I would really like to be as strong as possible before the Dark River... frown

Thanks for your answer!

Edit: Guess i'll just have to buy a boat in fact. tongue