Edit my title

VCH

I'm going to be giving an update on my university honours research project January 28th. To promote the event to people that want a good snooze they've asked for titles for each persons project. I am horrible with grammar and seeing as the people here are pros, I would appreciate it if you would point out some problems in my working title.

Keep in mind this is a title for a research article so some of the laws of grammar do not apply.

Risks in the matrix: Disentangling the effects of matrix landscape structure and patch quality on animal dispersal decisions, using two terrestrial isopod species (Armadillidium vulgare and Porcellio scaber) as a model system

Originally Posted By: Poached Salmon
last four words (as a model system) sound quirky to me, but no suggestions.
Does it sound quirky below, too?

Originally Posted By: VCH
Risks in the matrix: Disentangling the effects of matrix landscape structure and patch quality on animal dispersal decisions, using two terrestrial isopod species as a model system

If not, then it's fine. When there are parentheses, you should be able to take them out completely and still have correct grammar. The same goes for sections set off by dashes, I believe.

I think the title's fine, personally.

quite frankly, no.

I was under the impression that a "system" in which you found animals would include more than the two animals. Since the paper is about the landscape effects on animal territorial dispersal, I would expect that the model system would be the actual landscape.

But, what do I know?

Thanks all. If you're really good this year Santa might let you beta test my thesis smile

I should be done by March. The more people I get feedback from the better. I don't actually expect anyone to want to read it, but this is the best place to ask when the time comes.

Just don't try to publish it before I do.

And yea it should have been italiced.

imma consider bugs in the matrix as a good attention graber too.