A6 - trapped?? (minor spoilers)

tc109

okay, so I have a habit of randomly exploring and coming back to areas with big fights later, but I think it might have gotten me stuck this time- so I went down the tunnel west of Grindstone in the Giant Lands that was "one-way" and made my way to the lower level of the Maurader's Hideout, and the challenge area with Nociduas. But- I haven't won the Hideout yet. So I beat Nociduas, but the issue is the magical barrier into the Maurader's Hideout... the one that "no spell will ever be powerful enough to break." oops. And there's no other way out. I appear to be stuck- luckily I have my game saved right before I went down that stupid tunnel, but I'd like to know if there's any way to continue from here (it appears that there isn't). And if not, I guess this is a lesson to all of you to ummm not do this...I just don't want to do the Nociduas fight again!

You really blew it. The magical barrier on the upper level that lets you go to the main part of the Marauder's Hideout is scripted to go when you do certain things on the other side of it.

You probably should take the earlier save and do the Marauder's Hideout properly and then recharge and sell the loot before fighting Nociduas. Then the area will be clear for the one way trip.

When you do the Fort Dranlon quest to destroy the raiders as part of the script the barrier comes down. It will be obvious as part of the battle as you pursue the leader.

The back to start cheat is risky since it sometimes causes weird things to happen in the game. Examples include disappearing items in future containers.

• 3 weeks later...

I am stuck here as well! I took the one-way trip to the hideout. I had already cleared out the area, except for the eyebeast. I defeated him pretty easily... but the whole area is only accessible by boat, right? I don't have any boats there, and I don't see how anyone would. So I can't figure out how to get out of here.

I accidentally saved over my last save, so the one before makes me lose several hours of work. Is there any way to get out of the area that is not a hack? I don't want to mess up the game. The autosave already saved me in this spot too.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
If you've cleared out the rest of the area, then the barrier should be down and you can leave to the south, through Nociduas' lair. You can then get back to the Eastern Gallery through the chitrach tunnels.

Oh I forgot about the Chitrach Tunnels! I only remembered getting there by boat and was too busy stressing about that. This worked, thanks!

• 4 years later...

The barrier mentioned is on the upper level of the Marauder's Hideout and is gone if you did the Fort Dranlon quest. However some people skip that quest and come down from Grindstone on a one way path and then are blocked by the barrier and can't get through it to get back to the Eastern Gallery.