Resetting Junk Shops

Prouvaire

Quote:
Originally written by When That Was:
—Alorael, who still has nostalgia for those golden moments of heading to the Tower of Magi in E1 and finding amazing things for sale at the random item shop. That might be the part of the game that did the most to make him try to register.
That's why I like all the junk shops in the Exile trilogy (especially E3), as well as in BoE. (minor spoiler) In E3, I'd go to the junk shop in Storm Port with a ton of cash, and reset until I had a suit of Mithral chain mail for all my PCs. laugh

The junk shops in the Avernum series aren't nearly as good as in E3.

Agreed. When I try to make BoE scenarios, I always include junk shops. They're great fun. They're always a thrill, unless you cheat, in which case they quickly become irritating and annoying as you enter the code over and over again trying to get something in particular and never get it. I wish I had never learned that cheat code sometimes. I don't have to use it, but that nagging temptation is always there.

Quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Do-er of Stuff:
They're always a thrill, unless you cheat, in which case they quickly become irritating and annoying as you enter the code over and over again trying to get something in particular and never get it.
Tell me about it. I once took me almost half an hour to get my aforementioned Mithral chain mail, (again, minor spoiler) though I never said no to the occasional Knowledge Brew along the way. laugh