A6 - Fort Draco bug?

BrownieMix

So in the series of three quests, I did the crystal people one first (forget their names at the moment), then did Fort Monastery. The third quest is Fort Draco, but when I complete two of the three the spy guy doesn't give me the third. Normally this isn't a problem, except in this case I can't enter Fort Draco without a crystal. Since I can't get the quest, I can't get the crystal, which means I can never enter the fort, get the second anvil quest for X, complete the Lark quest, or do a bunch of other stuff.

Unless I'm missing something, which I might be, that is a bug - a player should not be penalized for choosing quests in a particular order.

Originally Posted By: BrownieMix
Touche - point well taken. Should have thought of that, though I'm sure Jeff can work something out. Besides, I have exams, so a break would work out fine for now.

Yeah, but you should have had to think of that. It's something that's second nature to most people who've played through extensive parts of the series, but it's not real newbie friendly.

But I bet it made it into the final game because it never occurred to any of the beta testers not to get all the quests before doing any of them...

I think what threw me off was that for all the other three-quest sequences, I picked the correct order so that even when I was done with two, I could still do the third because there was no barrier to me getting to the third place. I kinda just thought I'd be able to everytime.

I hope something can get worked out, as I'd really like to see X's final spell

As it turns out, I had a saved game before I tried to raid Spire's treasures, which right before I reported my success in Fort Monastery. I went back to the Castle, got the Fort Draco quest, then went back to Spire and wiped everyone out. I am not going to report success until I have completed Fort Draco.

yesssssss

I have a fix for this. This will soon appear on the support page:

Entering Fort Draco

In Avernum 6 v1.0 and v1.0.1 for the Macintosh, if you complete enough of Levitt's quests to satisfying him without ever asking about the Fort Draco quest, you lose access to Fort Draco. To solve the problem, download this script:

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/mac/z69Tcastledlg.txt.zip

Uncompress it and put it in the folder Avenum 6 Files/Scripts. You will be copying it over a script already there. Then start the game and talk to Levitt.

- Jeff Vogel

• 3 months later...