Scenario Release: Gluckcluck

Enraged Slith

• 1 month later...

The testers have gotten back to me, it's just that there are a couple of unforeseen, gaping problems that can't be fixed by a simple "Oh, I forgot a comma here." What this invariably means is that I'm a liar and the scenario will get released whenever I feel compelled to hammer it out.

• 4 weeks later...

My Website

Scenario is released, but still needs to be ported to Mac. Anyone want to help me out with that, please? Unfortunately, freewebs doesn't like .zip and so I had to upload it in .rar format.

Also, new large creature graphic. It's not really large, but the attack pose is tall.

As best I can tell, no one will be able to unless you can work with something other than RAR format. Creating RAR archives isn't very practical since Mac OS X (like, I suspect, every other OS ever made) doesn't ship with tools for handling them, and the best I could find clicking around on the internet was a limited-uses trial version of an archiver to create that format. Worse, when I tried that, either the archiver or unarchiver (A pretty recent version of Stuffit Expander) failed to preserve the resource fork on the graphics file, rendering the whole exercise pointless.

Would it be possible for you to work with some other archive format like tgz or tbz, which people already have software to handle?

You know what: Enraged Slith, give this file or this one a try. If your host allows you to upload one of them then things are taken care of. (And I'll make a new one for you if you want, after the bug Nioca cites above is fixed, and such other changes as need making are made.)

Originally Posted By: Lilith
You should probably use The Unarchiver as your unarchiver. It handles almost anything and is bloat-free.

I just tried it, and it also failed. This implies that either the format or the archive is likely to blame, as suspected.

(The frequent production of cmg files of late has caused me to re-examine one of my old ideas. It looks doable, although there are a couple of points I still don't know necessary details about, and I have no clue how to make a GUI program on Windows. I might start out CLI only, though, or this might be a good excuse to give Cocotron a whirl. )

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Bug. You forgot the set what level the experience is awarded at when giving Quincy a coin. This causes the dialogue script to crash. (Node 21, T3)

I look forward to rating it. Quantifying this is going to be a fun and interesting experience.

Thanks for catching that. I remember that I was going to test that bit of dialogue, but my party didn't have any cash on them. At least this will give me a chance to make a few minor touches.

Fixed, new version is on the website. I think that's everything. Thanks for the catch, Nioca.

Also, thanks for porting the scenario for me Niemand. Considering the recent changes, would you mind porting the new version for me, please?

And, finally, would anyone mind uploading a more convenient archive of my scenario on their own website, so that I can mirror it from my own?

To your first question: sure, assuming that you were able to upload one of the formats I used before, and if so, which?

Possibly alternatively: I'd be perfectly happy to toss things in a subdirectory on my site for you, or just give you an account and sub-domain of your own, if you wanted. (That latter would assist me in catching up with Aran and Tyran at empire-building. tongue )

Originally Posted By: Ishad Nha
Freeware program 7Zip from Sourceforge handles a lot of file types including rar:
www.7-zip.org
Presumably there is a Mac equivalent of this somewhere.
Mac users should get The Unarchiver. It handles pretty much everything except sitx.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
My Website

Scenario is released, but still needs to be ported to Mac. Anyone want to help me out with that, please? Unfortunately, freewebs doesn't like .zip and so I had to upload it in .rar format.

Also, new large creature graphic. It's not really large, but the attack pose is tall.

Hey, could you e-mail me the zips? I'll put them up on Truesite.

traci dot hedlund at gmail dot com