Blades of Avernum - Embers of Rebbellion Help

Roentgenium

Hi, everyone. I just signed up. And I need some help. I've almost finished Embers of Rebellion (I think: I've defeated Joshua, or whatever his name is), but when I got in the boat, I clicked to get back out. Now I'm stuck - I've stepped back on the boat, but the message that asks me if I want to row east or west (or get back out) isn't coming up. I'm so close to completing it (I think) and now I'm stuck. How can I fix this problem?

Also, when I did a search to see if there was already a solution to my problem, I noticed the words Fort Whatsit in a review. Is this where you go if you row east?

After glancing at the town's script, it looks like there may be a bug such that you are now stuck, no allowed action in the game will get you back in the boat.

A tentative solution: Use the Character Editor on your save file. (You should probably make a backup copy of it first.) Click the 'Advanced Features' button and choose 'Set Stuff Done Flag'. If you want to proceed, click yes, and then in the following three boxes enter the numbers 6, 15, and 0, in that order, one per box. Save your changes, and load the modified save file. You should now have the option to get in the boat again.

From my quick examination it looks like the above should work, but I have not tested it, and so you may want to wait for word from Ephesos, the maker of the scenario in question.

Edit: Just enter combat mode. When you end it, your characters should be back to normal.

What version of EoR are you playing? Dikiyoba seems to remember Ephesos fixing these problems. The newest version should be available on his site. That way, you won't have to worry about it should you ever decide to play it again.