AIMhack - Selos and Blood Marsh

Ephesos

Okay, that brings us up to 12 PCs. That's a lot of PCs, and I refuse to do the same thing I did for Labyrinth and run obscenely-large groups. But we'll figure it out.

Now, let's introduce Nalyd's character, a goblin surgeon?

Click to reveal.. (Sawbones)
Name: Allen "Sawbones" Macterris

Alignment: Convenience

Race: Goblin

Deity: Mariona

STR:3

DEX:3

INT:5

HP:8

Martial (Medical Equipment): 3 <-Bonesaws, scalpels, syringes, etc.

First Aid: 4

Nature: 2

Crafting (Medical Supplies): 2

Intimidate: 1

And we can introduce Nikki's character, a semi-competent priest:

Click to reveal.. (Esstra)
Name: Esstra Seaborne

Alignment: Grizzled and grouchy.

Race: Dwarf.

Deity: Mariona.

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 5

HP: 10

Magic (Conjuration): 4

Religion: 3

Martial (Hammer): 2

First Aid: 2

Artifice: 1

Now this brings the parties for the two adventures up to this... once more, subject to scheduling madness:

Selos:

-Boregloaf (Diki)

-Kundak (Excalibur)

-Zkaashj (Bloodmoon)

-Nixak (Rowen)

-Vitze (Sarachim)

-Telaverin (w-dueck)

Blood Marsh:

-Sss-Tkss (Creator)

-Amadan (Nioca)

-Kurex (Dantius)

-Sawbones (Nalyd)

-Esstra (Nikki)

-Eriman (Duck)

EDIT: Hah, looking at the schedule so far, it looks like Friday evenings (again, think CST) work for pretty much everyone. So at this moment, it looks like alternating Fridays would be the way to go. Again, we'll see.

Originally Posted By: Keoshor, Sorceress of Fates
I have seen the gods, they do not interest me. It also seems they have no interest in us. Have you ever asked yourself why we have no god of love? No goddess of literature? They may yet be found, but not here. Our speck of a world is beneath their notice.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, always good to know the autocensor is still up to the task...

But anyway, here's the deal. Because it looks like Fridays work best for just about everyone, we can't start for about three weeks. Why, you might ask?

Well, this Friday I'm out of town. Next Friday is Christmas Day. The Friday after is New Year's Day.

So, unless people are interested in finding another workable date between then and now (given that a lot of people are on break right now), it's not happening.

Originally Posted By: Plaram, master Pyromancer
What's that smell? Oh, right. Stupid people on fire.

Well, I haven't put out a calendar for a specific date yet, but I suppose I could. Nothing's happening until after Christmas at least, I know that much.

Basically, since the forums have gone pretty quiet lately, I've assumed that people are busy and aren't quite ready to start yet.

Originally Posted By: Imaunte, last known mortal words
Whoops.

Alright then, since some people have been asking, I would be willing to run a session (or two?) before we can start with a regular Friday deal. To that end, if you are available to do a session between now and New Year's Eve, let me know via this calendar!

If we can schedule the first session of one adventure, that would be awesome. If we could do both, then... well, I'll be tired, but it'll still be awesome.

Originally Posted By: General Tyal, Commander of the Allied Troops of Laessos
We may perish here today, my brethren. We may be forgotten one day. But our deeds will live on throughout the ages! Even should we fail at our task, this day will be remembered as the day that we stood against tyranny, against evil, against the darkness itself. Now onward! We will topple Chamulsep's citadel with our bare hands!

Backstory is always appreciated. It helps refine the setting, and it helps define the characters. Sorta like all these bits I keep throwing in at the end of my posts.

Originally Posted By: Yuthan, dwarven shipwright
It's one thing to build a boat that floats, and another entirely to build one that can stand up to the storms, the reefs, and the beasts of the deep that a true seafarer must endure. Of course, a little bit of magic tends to help, but don't come around asking me for pointers.

If you have backstory for your character, I'd much prefer to receive it before we start. That said, it's not necessary, as most adventurers don't seem to have any. tongue

Also, looking at the schedules so far (we're missing two responses, hint hint), it looks like we could possibly start The Blood Marsh this Sunday (December 27th), and then start Selos and the Oracle on Tuesday (December 29th). Hopefully, those dates hold true.

Originally Posted By: Brilar, priest of Kyrophius
Ouracasos puzzles me. Ages ago, some foolish ruler set it aside as a natural preserve, as he harbored some fondness for the land's features. Yet even today, the isle is still largely uninhabited. And the stories of dark and fell beasts are too common to be ignored. I think something is in fact being preserved, but what?

Originally Posted By: Mentlegen?
Rat bastard, taking my niche.

A little bit of redundancy can go a long way, you know. Imagine how poorly things would've gone for the Labyrinth crew if Lindy had missed one of the earlier sessions. Before Temmyn took his levels in healing, that is.

Also, who knows? Sawbones' style of healing could be... uniquely helpful? We will see.

Originally Posted By: Zarusa, pyromancer
By the simple virtue of being human, my life has been full of trials. And so, I have fought for my power, for my knowledge, for my freedom from persecution. I am not one of the recluses in the wilderness, still cowering from the world's hateful glare. I am stronger.

So here's the thing. I never heard back from Creator about his schedule, and Nikki was a maybe for tomorrow. So it might not happen tomorrow, but in that event, we can push it back to Monday, which miraculously still works for the whole party.

EDIT: Yay, Nikki can make it. So with 5 of 6 available, that's enough to start. And spectators are, as always, welcome to attend. So let's go ahead and say it for certain. 6pm CST, Sunday December 27th.

Originally Posted By: Unknown
It's pretty amazing that anything ever gets done around here. Some days, it seems like you can't walk ten feet without tripping over some ancient relic of a dark cult in the midst of a resurgence. Last week a grand, island-spanning conspiracy tried to kidnap my brother just because they thought he was a priest.

*sigh*... well, okay. It's not like we ever start on time anyway.

We're starting in 2 hours, everyone!

Originally Posted By: Unknown
And another thing. Why don't we ever see any of these evil dark lords in our day and age? Aren't we good enough for that same level of evil? By Kyrophius's beard, it vexes me.

Alright, folks, session #1 of The Blood Marsh has ended, and the log will be posted within a day (hopefully). Everybody survived. smile

Originally Posted By: Ikthak, goblin archmage
I have traveled from this world, and it saddens me to see that on most other worlds, my kind barely rises above base barbarism. And yet, this does nothing to soothe my irritation with the lazier members of my race. I dream that one day, goblins will be more than just a nuisance, an ephemeral threat to civilization. One day.

Hey, don't forget! Selos and the Oracle starts TODAY!

5PM CST, be there!

Originally Posted By: Kura, beastlord
If you've ever looked at say, a boom squirrel, and asked yourself, "What would this look like if it was twenty feet tall?" then you should go to Selos. Unless you're afraid of giant squirrels.

Pardon my double-post, but the log of session 1 of The Blood Marsh is finally complete. You can read it all here, and the campaign's page is here.

Now, for the session's epic quotes:

Click to reveal.. (Quote-splosion!)
  • Esstra - "If anybody knew the facts, they'd be sending in a proper force, instead of this group of misfits. I'm just saying."
  • Eriman - "As your wizard, I advise you to tie her up and burn the house down."
  • Mikail - "You really don't want to eat a zombie. Like, ever."
  • Sawbones - "Mages are more flimsy than this wench."
  • Kurex - "No burning people, guys"
  • Amadan - "Not even in the marsh yet and we're already getting beaten up..."

Join us next time, when the party finally leaves Mekos.

(No flavor text on these posts, the quotes are enough.)

Yes, I'm triple-posting. Deal with it. tongue

The log for session 1 of Selos and the Oracle is complete, and is available right here. Out of curiosity, does anyone want their character backgrounds/sheets posted on the site?

Oh, quotes!

Click to reveal.. (Quote-tacular!)
  • Telaverin - "If your weapons need replacing at the start of a journey, then perhaps you need to remain a musician."
  • Boregloaf - "I think the goal is to drink until you're no longer nervous about what you're about to do."
  • Halith - "Oh yeah? Well so's your mother!"
  • Vitze - "I imagined something bigger."
  • Nixak - "And don't confuse haughtiness with skill, you are much wiser then that."
  • Zarusa - "I know skill when I see it, young one. And what you have demonstrated is force, not skill."
  • Kundak - "Oh dear, a monkey."
  • Zkaashj - "Anyone wants to check that sound?"

Next time, we learn what happens when you fumble your rolls when keeping night watch!

(Scheduling will resume post-New Year's)

Alright, cool. There will be a neat, nicely-formatted roster page for each campaign in the none-too-distant future.

Also, I suppose we can start talking about the next sessions. Fridays were clearly the best day, which would put the next session (The Blood Marsh) on January 8th. The Selos party would meet again on the 15th. Objections?

(okay, so this post is partially so I get to write another one of the snippets... I love these)

Originally Posted By: Keoshor, Sorceress of the Fates
I have little respect for the pretenders of my craft. The fortune-tellers, the mystics, the so-called oracles. Yet there is one who I would be proud to call my equal. The enigmatic oracle at E'tarn, whose knowledge rivals my own. I simply wish I knew his sources, for the depth of his revelations troubles me from time to time.